Author Topic: Pre op advice... Two weeks to go.  (Read 1414 times)

Offline haroldbishop

• Posting Member
Hi,

I am a uk expat now in oz and started reading these boards a fee years ago. I have finally got
my date and will be having the op in 2 weeks with dr sue thistlethwaite in Melbourne. I have a quick query that I can't seek to find a dedicate thread about. Does anyone have any dos and Donts pre op? Ie diet, life style etc? I have come to this point and want to giv myself the best chance possible of a brilliant op?
I likea drink and occasional smoke but am in decent shape. I eat well and play sport$ ... I appreciate any advice thanks heaps ( the oz board is not as reponsive ) thanks.

Offline Nebula

• Posting Member
Hi Harold hows Madge?  ;D

Got my op in 13days time in London. I have been told not to drink 7 days before op. Stop all medication (apart from if you take blood pressure tablets). Dont take cod liver oil, primrose oil, vitamin E, anything that will thin your blood - all this 14 days before surgery.

Also the usal Nil By Mouth malarkey whereby no eating/drinking 6hours before op. Thats all iv been told. Some other folks say its a good idea taking Arnica tablets 1 week before op but i have asked my doctors office about this and they said not to.

Anyway good luck with your op down under.

Offline haroldbishop

• Posting Member
Cheers Nebula, good luck.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024