Author Topic: Consultation with Dr Levick  (Read 4777 times)

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
Hi everyone,

Great to see this support board here. Really inspired to see so many have great surgical results. I have suffered from Gyno for about 10 years. It has always bothered me to an extent, but it is worse when the weather is nice and when I where t shirts! My nipples always stick out. I suffer from puffy nipples and am desperate to get the corrected. I booked a consultation with Dr Levick in Birmingham, UK for August 2013. He is supposed to be amongst the best for this treatment. I want to get it done once and for all.

I will try to get some pics up tonight to show what I am dealing with. The consultations with Dr Levick are free for the time being apparently becuase the hospital is offering the space for free.

I will keep people posted.

All the best

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
Hey everyone,

OK here some pictures of the gyno I am dealing with (3 images attached). I have had this, pretty much to the same degree, for about 11 years. It bothers me from time to time, more so when the weather suits t shirts! Also when I am without my top I have to compensate for the protrusion of nipples by standing and pushing my shoulders back and up.

I wouldn't say I have high body fat, though it could be improved, though this fatty chest never seems to go! I think surgery is the only way forward. I will try cutting a bit more now, but don't think I will get anywhere and it might simply make the chest more prominent if the belly fat goes...

Thanks for support guys. I have a consultation in a few weeks so I will see what Dr Levick says about this. Would love to get a lean chest!

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Welcome!

Good to hear consultations are free for the time being... I think you'll get an amazing result from Dr Levick, judging by what I've seen so far!

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
Thanks! Well I am hoping things go well with the consultation. Any comments on my gyno are welcome! ;)

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
Well I am really gutted! Got my BMI card application declined so I won't be getting surgery for a while now. I will still have my free consultation with Levick but my plans for having surgery on August 1st have been dashed by getting rejected for BMI card. My credit rating must be fairly bad which sucks! I will have to try and save but this could take up to a year if I am lucky. I may try 0% interest credit cards to get it a bit earlier but I don't see surgery happening till the new year.  :'(

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Jamie, well done for getting some pictures up. Out of all the cases I've witnessed, yours seems to be the most similar to mine in terms of size and shape.

Sorry to hear about your credit card application. Try again after the weekend for an M&S credit card, they are doing 0% for 18 months currently. However based on the declining of the BMI, if you got an M&S I'm not sure what the limit would be etc.

Don't let this dishearten you. It's something you want, and something you will get. There's no two ways about that.

Stay positive mate. Keep us updated with your consultation.

Follow my Twitter: www.twitter.com/wingman0401

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Jamie, beware that applying for credit actually reduces your credit score, and getting turned down seriously reduces it - so before applying for another card, it is worth spending £1 getting your credit report off the parasites who peddle your personal information for corporate profit and seeing what shite they're putting out about you - more often than not it is wrong!! - by blindly applying for more credit without knowing exactly what the 'problem' is, you risk screwing your credit record up for years.

These companies should be banned full stop. Should go back to the good ol' days of personal relationships with a branch bank manager who you could talk to and (try) to reason with. Now it is just "computer says NO!" and they won't tell you WHY unless you give them money for the privilege of getting YOUR OWN private information! Blackmail. Basically.

Credit reference agencies are a total con, I am sure they deliberately muck up people's credit scores to trick you into paying a fortune for a "credit health check", just so you can make sure they have got YOUR personal information correct - information that they should never have in the first place. Parasitic scum, the lot of them. I for one will NEVER play their games again... Learnt my lesson the hard way.

Earn, save, pay in cash, and screw the *system* they try and force you into for nothing but their own commercial gain! You can exist quite happily without any credit, and thus defeat them. OK, buying a house cash is perhaps not realistic, but when you realise what the word "mortgage" actually means MORT=death, GAGE=grip - you begin to wonder if you want to be in the DEATHGRIP of a banker for almost all of your working life just to say you "own" your house - which of course you don't own anyway until a few years before you die (if you're lucky!) - the banker owns your house, and holds a DEATHGRIP over you where he can snatch it back anytime you stop coughing up the £1m that you must pay him for the house you are led to believe you own that *only * cost you £250k.

/rant over

...ignore my rant - but seriously, be very careful about applying for any more credit before knowing why you were turned down this time.

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Not having a credit card or a credit score in the first place is what lowers your credit score.

It doesn't cost money to see your credit score, either, Experian offer trials for free for you to get a rating.

The good old days aren't here anymore and we live within the system of credit. You can try to screw it, but you'll need it eventually.

Mine was only general advice, though, and of course applying for a multitude of credit cards may harm your score. However, on the flip side, not having credit will do more harm than good.

I digress, however, this is not a credit forum.

I understand the emotional trauma that goes hand in hand from the suffering of the condition and I had no problem giving into the "system" for a short while and getting what I wanted, to genuinely enjoy my life more.

If you are in a position to save, obviously this is recommended, too.

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
Hey guys, thanks both for sharing your wisdom on this issue. It was interesting to read these comments, makes me hate these credit agencies!

Well, I suppose it will make me appreciate the surgery more knowing I have saved up for it. I suppose everything happens for a reason (the best mentality when things go wrong! ;p)

Appreciate the support. On the plus side it is nice to hear that you think my gyno is similar to yours wingman because I didn't think yours was very bad and you got it corrected VERY nicely. Fingers crossed I can have similar success in the future. It am keen on hearing what Levick says about my case and hopefully I can get it treated in about 6 months if I save and get a credit card in the future.

Cheers!

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
Well, I had my consultation with Levick. I like the guy, just seems down to earth and empathic about the situation which is great. I look forward to surgery in the future. I just need to sort out the finances for it! He said he does about 2-3 per week, so we are in good hands!

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Glad to hear it went well - get saving!

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
Just an update...

I have surgery booked in a month's time - on September 26th. I have an early app, at 8am, so I will probably get to Birmingham the night before ready to go to hospital in the morning. Not long off!

It is a weird feeling knowing I am going through with this. I have had the second thoughts like other people now, and think maybe my case ain't bad enough for surgery. However, at consultation he said surgery was suitable and there is definitely tissue that won't go and will only get worse. So, I think it's the right decision, even though it's a very expensive one! Hope it's all worth it!

Will keep everyone posted with pics

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
For me, it will be worth it at any price... It's just a case of saving up that 'price' that's the challenge!

Offline andrew85

• Posting Member
Yeah I definitely think it was the right decision for me in the long run but only you really know if it's the right decision for you.

I had second thoughts for the last couple of weeks, constantly looking in the mirror on a 'good' morning and thinking it doesn't look that bad. The part that scared me the most was the thought that the skin would continue to sag further as I got older. Good luck with getting it sorted Jamie!

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
Hey everyone, surgery is just around the corner. I have mine booked for Thursday morning. Am nervous and excited!

It's an awkward one for me. I have just met a nice girl and things are getting intimate. I don't feel like telling her about this particular surgery I am having, but instead I will have to think of some other surgery to tell her about because I will be in bandages! Suggestions welcome! ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024