Author Topic: NHS op next week!!  (Read 2892 times)

Offline Daytona_Dude

• Posting Member
  • NHS Gyne' surgery done 7/9/05
    • My pre op' pictures
Just had a call from the plastic surgeon at The Royal Haslar Hospital Hants, they told me there is a cancellation and that I can go in for my op next Tuesday with Lt Col Nicholas Bennett (military hospital, but I'm not in the forces).

He explained a couple of months ago, he is to remove all gland and fat from both sides.

I didn't expect a date until around November/December, so the nerves have now seriously kicked in!! Told work I'll be off for the rest of the week from Tuesday.

Desperatly swatting up on the pre op advice you guys have posted here. number 1) SHAVE CHEST.

GOD..............it's really gonna happen now!!

bye bye boobies :-)

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
  • Gyne Removed by Levick 17/03/04
I'm sure all will be great!

But does anyone else feel slighty nervous about the words military and gyne used in the same sentance!

Ian

Offline Mugambo

• Posting Member
lol, with the military involved, you can probably expect the operation to be clean and precise  ;)

Thats great news Daytona_dude, kiss those puppies goodbye and enter into the world a gene free dude.

Got my consultation coming up and hopefully I'll be getting rid of moobies soon after!!

Good Luck with the Op!!
Make sure you take some pre & post op pics.

Offline Daytona_Dude

• Posting Member
    • My pre op' pictures
I'll definatly get some pre/post op pics up as soon as I'm done...

Yeah, the thought of a military hospital cutting me open and taking bits out doesn't sound appealing on first pass, but the Hospital itself is amazing..........

..even the nurses dress in the traditional military nurse uniforms, :-)

should make the whole ordeal a little more appealing!

Offline irish_dude

• Silver Member
  • Op performed with Mr.Levick, 19/8/2005
Being a military hospital, they'll probably make you march down to the theatre.

Left...right...left...right...boobs....wait for it...OUT!

That's certainly a result Daytona, I don't think you could have gotten it faster if you went private.

Here's a couple more tips for you:

1) Take pics AND chest-measurements pre-operation

2) Go on Arnica. It will reduce bruising and you can get it without prescription from your local pharmacy. I'm no great believer in Homeopathy, but both Mr. Levick and my oral surgeon recommended it and it seemed to give me a quicker recovery time compared to others because of the reduced bruising.

3) Stay off the sauce, Vitamin E and garlic religiously a week before and after the op.

4) Try eating nothing for 24 hours before the general anaesthetic. Although most surgeons recommend you eat nothing from midnight the previous day, the more empty your stomach the smoother the GA will go.

5) Drink lots of bottled water for the 24 hours after the op.

6) Make you your surgeon prescribes a course of anti-biotics after your op.

7) Expect improvement, but don't expect perfection.

8) It can take months to see the full results as you may develop Haemotoma (trapped blood) which can months for your body to re-absorb.

9) Don't drive for 48 hours after the anaesthetic. You may feel fine, but your insurance company may not cover you in the event of you having an accident.

...and most importantly, enjoy the trip.

..and most importantly, enjoy the trip.

Offline Daytona_Dude

• Posting Member
    • My pre op' pictures
Thanks for the advice Irish_dude, v much appreciated :-)

I'll get me some of that there Arnica stuff definatly.

If it wasn't for this board, I would have continued having to hide these damned chest jellies for god knows how many more years.

Gawwd bless T'internet  ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024