Author Topic: Surgery healing time?  (Read 3563 times)

Offline bedders

• Posting Member
How long does it take before you can start going out and having fun/drinking/drugs/rock&roll after surgery? Ive got it with levick on 16th december. Any chance im going to be able to make new years? Being a uni student who likes to go out frequently I can see the healing perios being a painful time for me :(

Offline chestrockwell

• Silver Member
Hi m8,

im about 3 weeks post op and i can do most things ok now, the problem with answering your question acuratley is people heal at different rates!, so i dont know if youl be ready for new years.........well to be honest i dont think you will be m8, i think its abit soon to be drinking after surgery, the last thing you need is to be thining your blood,  and knowing you students theres gunna be some hard partiing going on  ;) , and a good knock in the chest accompanied with thin blood could result in a bleed, and you realy dont need that.

Are you in for surgery on the 16th or just a consultation?, if it were possible i try and postpone it until after new years if you realy want to go out and not be worried about injuring yourself, or failing that dont drink! :o....but like thats gunna happen :D :D
Its up to you bro.....how bad do you want to party?....and how bad do you want rid of the gyno?, its down to you m8

chris.

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
I wouldnt risk it.  You would really need to be careful no one knocked your chest or it would be game over in the pain stakes.
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline limaecho

• Bronze Member
Im in the same boat mate, so I'm going to try and book up either over easter or over the summer. I'm struggling to find a period throughout the whole year where I can committ to been drink free for a 3-4 week period! But I'm sure it will be worth it! Just dig in there.

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
we have to stay booze free for 3-4 weeks after surgery :( ?

Offline bedders

• Posting Member
Well im a fit and healthy 20 year old so i'm hoping the healing period wont be too bad. No way would I put off the surgery just to enjoy a few piss ups. I wanna be in good shape for next summer! Sounds like ill have to stick to the soft drinks and off the dance floor - will be a good opprtunity to chat plenty of girls up ;)

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
You dont really have to stay of the drink.  I went out on the lash 10 days after my op.  Its a case of someone banging into you or hugging you, things like that you will have to watch

Offline geg100

• Silver Member
no rrb its not just due to that matey-.
its all healing time.when ever i open up any of my patients for oral surgery i tell them not to drink/smoke for 2 weeks minimum due to the effects on blood-thinning,poor healing time,poor scar formation,poor clotting,etc etc
so its just not trauma to worry about about getting hit.

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
no rrb its not just due to that matey-.
its all healing time.when ever i open up any of my patients for oral surgery i tell them not to drink/smoke for 2 weeks minimum due to the effects on blood-thinning,poor healing time,poor scar formation,poor clotting,etc etc
so its just not trauma to worry about about getting hit.

I never actually said its just due to trauma getting hit.  I didnt stay off the drink for 4 weeks and im doing ok.  

Offline geg100

• Silver Member
and i never said that you said "its just due to that".i was making a statement.you may well be fine after 4 weeks.
but i still wouldnt recommend it.we tell patients at least 2 weeks not 10 days.levick said that same.why bother isking it?i mean if you are like most people and have been waiting a long time for this is 4 weeks gona make much of a difference?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024