Author Topic: Surgery approved - couple questions  (Read 1727 times)

Offline des111

• Posting Member
Hello,

So I visited the plastic surgeon and have officially been approved to receive the surgery fully covered!!

I have a couple questions:

1. The doctor has informed me that for the surgery, he will cut a slit near my armpit, and underneath my nipple. I had a friend who had the same surgery but only had the incision near his armpit. Why would my surgeon need to cut underneath the nipple as well?

2. How long is recovery time? I play hockey, so I would like to miss minimal time. How long should I expect to miss?

3. How long does it take for the scars to heal fully before I am safe to go in the sun?

Look forward to your responses.

Offline des111

• Posting Member

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Dif docs use dif techniques. As long as he's good "and make sure he is" you should be fine.

Hockey's a tuff sport. I kickbox and I took 3 to 4 months off and it wasn't enough for me. I had surgery 8 months ago and can't tell you exactly when it wasn't too bothersome cause it sneaks away. If I had to guess I'd say 5/6 months after I could take a good hit. This all depends on your surgeons skills, how fast you heal etc.

As far as tanning, I was going shirtless in the sun 10 weeks out. The longer you can avoid direct sun on the incision sites the better. Use sun screen for sure.

Good luck with surgery.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024