Author Topic: How long after surgery........?  (Read 14652 times)

Offline ITS TIME

• Posting Member
Question:  I had surgery 2 days ago - lipo and excision of gland - but I just took a close look at my nipples and although they are flatter, the areolas are still just as big and the nipple as puffy.  Anyone know how long after surgery it takes for the nipples to become less puffy and the areolas to reduce in size? 

Thanks!!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
3-6 months dude... 

You're just 2 days in... Patience my man, patience... ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline ITS TIME

• Posting Member
Thanks Bro.

Makes me feel a lot better.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

Offline Gyno 44

• Silver Member
hey man,

I was the king of puffy  nipps

had surgery and nipss stayed puffy (not as bad as before surgery) a good 5 weeks after surgery.

After that i was so fed up and stopped looking at my chest for a good month.

By month 2, PUFFY NIPPS NO MORE (only very slightly due to scar tissue im hoping, still its way better than before)

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
its hard to say, mine were flat right after the op, but are now puffy again due to scar tissue (though no as much as before).  You just have to be patient, like i'm being.  I expect everything to be perfect by about december and my doctor agrees.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline ITS TIME

• Posting Member
Thanks guys!  Good advice - I'm just gonna quit staring intently at my chest for a few months before I start obsessing. 

Offline MSJ108

3-6 months dude... 

GB

x2

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
Its been 2 months..how are your nips now?  puffy or flat

Offline ITS TIME

• Posting Member
Not good.  Left areola has not reduced in size, yet the nipple is no longer puffy - but just looks weird.  Doc says its due to swelling.  Right aerola has reduced in size to almost acceptable but is still puffy.  Saw the doc. last week - said I still have considerable scar tissue and swelling so I guess I'm not overly concerned - just impatient. Good news is that there is no sagging skin.  I'll keep posting updates incase anyone is interested.  Thanks for asking.

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
massage arnica cram every day.  it will help with scar tissue. 

keep the vest on as well.  specially at night.

where did you go for surgery?  poland?

Offline cube

• Posting Member
3-6 months dude... 

GB

Are you serious can it really take months? So many people come out of the surgery and a month later their chest is completely different... I'm almost 2 months out and there is barely any difference, so I am pretty unhappy about the results.

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
Yes Cube I agree with you.  Final results take almost a year.  But 80% of the change is seen right after surgery.

That should give you a good indication. 

I am in the same boat.  I need revision.

Offline ITS TIME

• Posting Member
Poland?  No - SF - Delgado.  I see potential - I can feel the scar tissue and the swelling - so if that goes away and the skin doesn't sag I'll probably be pleased as long as the nipples and areolas change as well.  I was a pretty tough case - lot of excess tissue a lot of weight lifting for a number of years - arnica cream?  If thats right I'll give it a try.  Thanks.  Poland?  WTF?

Offline cube

• Posting Member
Yes Cube I agree with you.  Final results take almost a year.  But 80% of the change is seen right after surgery.

That should give you a good indication. 

I am in the same boat.  I need revision.

It's the strangest thing, right after the surgery it was perfect. Chest contour, flatness, everything was perfectly molded to the pectoral muscle. It was great and I was completely satisfied despite the not so inconspicous scar tissue surrounding the nipple. This lasted about 3 week and it started ballooning after that. I guess it's my fault for not going with Dr. Bermant to begin with, I figured the cost would be higher. But now in the long run it's going to cost way more for a revision. What a bad one.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024