Author Topic: Recurring gyno  (Read 5041 times)

Offline Zerocyber

A couple of years ago I did a few steroid cycles.  It actually all went well until I used Trenbollone on the last cycle.  I started getting tender lumps under my nipples and general nipple puffyness, so I cut the roids and did my post cycle.  The lumps went away, but the puffyness stayed (I'll have to get surgery for that).  Something like six months after being off post cycel therapy, the lumps and sensitivity started coming back. I got some Letrozole and knocked it out again, tapering off real good at the end. I never felt quite right after all that. Like, my sex drive was shot for a year or so and is still not where it should be. Anyway, some months later, it comes back again. That time I ran Bromocriptine. Worked again and my drive came back up a little. Now, a few months later, the lumps and sensitivity started coming back yet again. I'm currently running Pramipexole, which is working, but I seem to have a serious problem with this stuff coming back every 3-6 months for no apparent reason and my drive still isn't nearly where it was before I ever did any of this.

Also, they say that Trenbollone induced gyno is related to progesterone, but I'm not sure how I could continue having this problem two years later.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
The endocrine (hormonal) system is extremely complex, sensitive and variable.  Even experienced doctors, with periodic blood tests on their patients, have difficulty maintaining their patient's hormones properly.

You have used a number of hormones, without a doctor's supervision or blood tests to know where your levels are, and are now asking for help.  The growth of your gyne is undoubtedly related to your hormone intake.

Best advice is to quit treating yourself, visit an endocrinologist for a complete evaluation, and allow all your hormone levels to stabilize.

Then see a plastic surgeon to deal with your gyne problem.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

A couple of years ago I did a few steroid cycles.  It actually all went well until I used Trenbollone on the last cycle.  I started getting tender lumps under my nipples and general nipple puffyness, so I cut the roids and did my post cycle.  The lumps went away, but the puffyness stayed (I'll have to get surgery for that).  Something like six months after being off post cycel therapy, the lumps and sensitivity started coming back. I got some Letrozole and knocked it out again, tapering off real good at the end. I never felt quite right after all that. Like, my sex drive was shot for a year or so and is still not where it should be. Anyway, some months later, it comes back again. That time I ran Bromocriptine. Worked again and my drive came back up a little. Now, a few months later, the lumps and sensitivity started coming back yet again. I'm currently running Pramipexole, which is working, but I seem to have a serious problem with this stuff coming back every 3-6 months for no apparent reason and my drive still isn't nearly where it was before I ever did any of this.

Also, they say that Trenbollone induced gyno is related to progesterone, but I'm not sure how I could continue having this problem two years later.

I work with many Bodybuilders with Gynecomastia.

The hormone system is delicately balanced. Medications can upset that balance.  Stopping that stimulation may or may not result in the balance being restored. I have seen individuals who were still having residual problems years after stopping the offending agent. Sometimes there is a cause causing the current imbalance.  Depending on what is currently going on, sometimes an Endocrinologist can restore this balance.

Not all Endocrinologists have the same skills or patience to deal with such issues. 

Body Shaping Garments can offer a temporary contouring solution.  However, getting the underlying problem address is a much better solution.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Zerocyber

Any idea what an endocrinologist visit costs?  I really don't make much money and my insurance sucks.

Body Shaping Garments can offer a temporary contouring solution.  However, getting the underlying problem address is a much better solution.
The puffyness is very minor and virtually unnoticeable to anyone but me.  It's the gland swelling over and over.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 03:28:40 PM by Zerocyber »

DrBermant

Any idea what an endocrinologist visit costs?  I really don't make much money and my insurance sucks.

The puffyness is very minor and virtually unnoticeable to anyone but me.  It's the gland swelling over and over.
Tenderness and swelling are Symptoms of Gynecomastia of gland stimulation that needs investigation by someone cleaver and patient enough to solve often difficult problems. Cost can vary depending on what tests are needed. I have found some Endocrinologists not wanting to spend the time or telling me that insurance payment is too low to warrant the difficulty of a possibly extended evaluation. Some endocrinologists have left the insurance based health care because of this and set up their own fees.  Such costs vary from doctor to doctor.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline Zerocyber

Do you think that surgery with gland removal would allow my body to fix itself?  I mean, I'm going to have to get surgery at some point anyway and the only reason I keep using stuff is for the recurring gland swelling.

DrBermant

Do you think that surgery with gland removal would allow my body to fix itself?  I mean, I'm going to have to get surgery at some point anyway and the only reason I keep using stuff is for the recurring gland swelling.

Surgery will not stop future gland growth after gynecomastia surgery. Working on a stable problem is the best method to minimize recurrence issues.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024