Author Topic: Bad News: PS Says Nipples Would Probably Still be Puffy After Surgery.  (Read 6735 times)

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
Before Photos
http://picasaweb.google.com/WayneChest/MyChest#

The PS described my gland as a ring around the nipple (but not under it).  He said after surgery (excision and lypo), the nipple would probably still be puffy, since it is not gland causing it to puff out.  

I had him draw pictures and asked questions, but still couldn't understand why:
1.) the nipple would be puffy
2.) why surgery couldn't fix it

I have three consults set up.  The first PS did not mention this.  The second guy did.  Third consult is on Monday.

Any thoughts?  Can I be fixed?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 03:05:44 PM by Wayne1985 »

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
who did u go and see? are u in the uk?

i have a similar problem with puffy nipples etc wich show through t shirts,

i went to see karidis who was confident he could sort my problem, wich as i said is very similar to urs. he didnt mention anything about a ring, he has also had some good results on here.

maybe worth checkin with him

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
I'd prefer not to post the names of the surgeons for stuff like this, so they can have the same privacy they give us.

I live in Texas.  That's a long way from your neck of the woods ;D

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Well... just hang in there and see what the third consult brings dude...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
oh right a bit far then lol! cause ur case was vey similar to mine thought id comment. ye i agree keep goin till u find a competent and confident surgeon

good luck to u anyway

Offline krucial

• Bronze Member
I dont believe in that at all!  Im sure after removing fattie tissue behind nipple and fats with liposuction that the puffy would come out for sure!
I live in Texas, and just got surgery a few weeks ago in Houston.

And postiey yeah puffy nipples sucks when it shows with nice shirts

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
I dont believe in that at all!  Im sure after removing fattie tissue behind nipple and fats with liposuction that the puffy would come out for sure!
I live in Texas, and just got surgery a few weeks ago in Houston.

And postiey yeah puffy nipples sucks when it shows with nice shirts

How'd the surgery go krucial?  Toss up some before and after photos.  Was your case like mine?  Did you have this "ring"?

I almost did the surgery in Houston as well, but San Antonio was the only place I could find with doctors who could arrange rides for me 2.5 hour away.

DrBermant

Before Photos

The PS described my gland as a ring around the nipple (but not under it).  He said after surgery (excision and lypo), the nipple would probably still be puffy, since it is not gland causing it to puff out.  

I have three consults set up.  The first PS did not mention this.  The second guy did.  Third consult is on Monday.

I am easily able to manage almost all Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia with my Dynamic Technique as you can see from the many examples on my website. One variation that cannot be managed, is nipples that puff out (not flatten) with stimulation. When the thin muscle under the areola makes the nipple project instead of flatten, surgery does not help with that component.

Choosing the right surgeon can be an important factor. Your surgeon should have examples of your specific variation of gynecomastia.  We see many patients from gynecomastia patients from Texas and around the world who prefer my technique.  Most start out with our Preliminary Remote Discussion to minimize travel.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline steelhead

• Silver Member
Before Photos

The PS described my gland as a ring around the nipple (but not under it).  He said after surgery (excision and lypo), the nipple would probably still be puffy, since it is not gland causing it to puff out. 

I have three consults set up.  The first PS did not mention this.  The second guy did.  Third consult is on Monday.

Any thoughts?  Can I be fixed?

Go to a different PSas he should be able to lipo it out after the gland is removed.

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
After 3 consults w/ experienced gyne surgeons, I'm booked for surgery.  The doc I booked with discussed the possibility of both lipo and excision, or just lipo alone.  He thought lipo alone would get the job done.  Said my gland component is small and thinks it's fat pushing out the nipple.

My gland does feel fairly flat and spread out; none feels as though it's sticking too far above the muscle.  It does feel soft and fatty under the nipple.

http://picasaweb.google.com/WayneChest/MyChest# Before photos.

I told him I expected him to say both lipo and excision would be necessary.  He does perform both, but said I should only need lipo.  Do you guys think I should request that he perform both?  I am leaning towards asking him that.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.  And as much as you have read and researched about gyne surgery, you are way behind the curve of an experienced surgeon.

I think, pre-operatively, you should discuss all the alternatives with your surgeon but should leave it up to his own best judgment to do the best procedure for you. Many decisions are made during an operation -- depending upon what is encountered. A surgeon may then alter his surgical game plan to accommodate those findings.

You cannot and should not compel a surgeon to perform an operation according to what you want.  I know if I were that surgeon, I would tell you politely that I will do the operation to the best of my ability and judgment and if that is not satisfactory to you, then please find another surgeon.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.  And as much as you have read and researched about gyne surgery, you are way behind the curve of an experienced surgeon.

I think, pre-operatively, you should discuss all the alternatives with your surgeon but should leave it up to his own best judgment to do the best procedure for you. Many decisions are made during an operation -- depending upon what is encountered. A surgeon may then alter his surgical game plan to accommodate those findings.

You cannot and should not compel a surgeon to perform an operation according to what you want.  I know if I were that surgeon, I would tell you politely that I will do the operation to the best of my ability and judgment and if that is not satisfactory to you, then please find another surgeon.

Dr Jacobs

Noted.  This is reassuring to hear you support his opinion, as a doc on this forum.  I'll just sit back and let him work his magic ;D

Wish me luck for Friday guys.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 09:21:41 PM by Wayne1985 »

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
Before Photos

One variation that cannot be managed, is nipples that puff out (not flatten) with stimulation. When the thin muscle under the areola makes the nipple project instead of flatten, surgery does not help with that.

Interesting.  This is something I've never seen posted.  Fortunately, I am one of the guys whose nipples do fall flat and look normal when cold or stimulated.  So you're saying there are guys whose nipples cannot be stimulated to go flat, and these men have difficulty getting their nipple to go down after surgery?

DrBermant

Before Photos

One variation that cannot be managed, is nipples that puff out (not flatten) with stimulation. When the thin muscle under the areola makes the nipple project instead of flatten, surgery does not help with that.

Interesting.  This is something I've never seen posted.  Fortunately, I am one of the guys whose nipples do fall flat and look normal when cold or stimulated.  So you're saying there are guys whose nipples cannot be stimulated to go flat, and these men have difficulty getting their nipple to go down after surgery?

Actually the problem is that some men have their nipples puff out more when stimulated. Surgery does not stop that muscle from causing the same problem after the operation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024