Author Topic: Surgery: Planning to do it. (Tips please)  (Read 2512 times)

Offline Kiko11

I'm 16 years old, I have gynecomastia for more than 2 years. I finnaly consulted a doctor that said that the only way to fix it, is to remove it.
I'm informed a lot about gynecomastia but about surgery not that much, I only know that I need to find an experienced surgeon, or a plastic surgeon.
This is all a little confused I always thought it wouldn't have to be necessary surgery, but at least it will be gone for good. If anyone knows any good portuguese doctors or have some tips about where to do it etc I would be appreciated. One more question - as I am 16 i'm pretty sure i'm still at puberty, so after I have it removed by surgery is there any chance that I can get it again due to hormones(I still don't have my hormones exams but will have them soon)?

Regards :)

Offline Kiko11

Com'on guys, help a man out :)

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
sorry no one's replied man. this is a really good community that is usually very responsive.   

regarding your condition, I'm not sure where to direct you since you're in Portugal. In the States, there are several doctors who are very successful in performing the operation. If you insist on getting it done in your country, just ask the surgeon questions like how many times has he done it, ask him to see pictures of other patients with the same condition that he has done the surgery on. 

You're still young, so you might want to wait a few more years until you're completely done with puberty.  From what I've read, if you're going through puberty, when you're done with puberty, it might just go back to normal.

best of luck to you. also, use the search bar on this site.  it will direct you to loads of info.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024