Author Topic: GYNO ON 1 SIDE ONLY?  (Read 4822 times)

Offline LIFEGUARD21

• Posting Member
I had surgery done to smooth out extra fatty tissue in the right side of my chest on 5/9/07. It look pretty good and it is getting better every day. Has anyone else had this problem on just one side of their chest?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
It's called Unilateral Gynecomastia...

When both breasts are affected, it's called Bilateral Gynecomastia.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline LIFEGUARD21

• Posting Member
so then its basicly pretty normal. Is it normal to have a little pain? I would sometimes have some pain on the gyno side of my chest?

Offline mattmando

• Bronze Member
i had/have uni-lateral (i thinks its worse imo). people then are totally confused atleast if you have bi-lateral they'll see it and say yeah look at that dude with boobs or whatever.  and i found it pretty hard to conceal. as far as the pain i don't really have pain.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Is it normal to have a little pain? I would sometimes have some pain on the gyno side of my chest?

How old are you dude?

GB

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
so then its basicly pretty normal. Is it normal to have a little pain? I would sometimes have some pain on the gyno side of my chest?

Unilateral gyne is quite common.  I had it.

As regards pain ... well pain is a subjective and personal thing.  One person’s pain could be another person’s discomfort.  However pain/discomfort is relatively common when the breast is growing.  I would always know that my oestradiol levels were up when I felt tenderness in my breast.  Sometimes it would be so tender I couldn’t even bear for a shirt to touch it.  Other people don’t experience any tenderness at all during growth.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline LIFEGUARD21

• Posting Member
I just turned 25

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Other people don’t experience any tenderness at all during growth.

Not once did I ever experience pain/discomfort during or after growth.

Didn't have puffy areolas like most have either. Just had big full breasts....   :-[

GB

DrBermant

I had surgery done to smooth out extra fatty tissue in the right side of my chest on 5/9/07. It look pretty good and it is getting better every day. Has anyone else had this problem on just one side of their chest?
Posting Standardized Before and After Pictures can help others better understand the original problem and what was done.

One sided or Unilateral) surgery is the ultimate in trying to make perfection since it can be very demanding to make a surgical site look like no surgery has been performed. You can see typical swelling after my unilateral one sided surgery here. And here is another example of my one sided sculpture.

I see many patients with asymmetrical gynecomastia. Actually it is quite common for the two sides to be different in size.  It is less common for one side to be large and the other have no problem at all.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline badperson

• Posting Member
I was 25 when I first got one sided gynecomastia and it causes me plenty of pain.  The other side has no pain, no enlargement, no problem at all.  So you are not alone in either account.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024