Author Topic: Is it worth hoping that it will go away?  (Read 3272 times)

Offline rockin_rowdy_roberto

• Posting Member
I read all these things about it dissapearing around 2-3 years for the majority of sufferers, but concidering how many people are told to just go for surgery here get me thinking. I know that someone who would get better in time would be less concerned about it, and wouldn't be found here, but is it really worth hoping for? I've had it for atleast a year and a half now, I'll have some pictures up too.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
If you have had it more than 18 months, it is not going away on its own.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

• Posting Member
Alright, that's almost relieving to hear! No long waits I guess. Surgery wouldn't really be my thing, but I'll be fine, I guess I'm the only one that notices. I just hate how it's like a restriction on my weight training.

Offline outertrial

If youre going through puberty it can go away in later teenage years. You dont say how old you are.

• Posting Member
If youre going through puberty it can go away in later teenage years. You dont say how old you are.

Ah, that's an important detail I forgot haha! I'm 16 years old, and I noticed the 'watermelon seed' sized lump in my left nipple about when I was just turning 15. It's fairly mild compared to what I've seen here, so I try not to worry about it too much. But it started a few months after I started lifting weights, and I didn't work too many other areas of my pecs, so I think that might be playing a roll in that ugly shape.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024