Author Topic: I'm ready to be happy again...  (Read 2234 times)

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
i've lived with this for too long and i'm tired of it affecting my life in negative ways.  i'm ready to rid this problem.  i got a couple of question about the surgery though

1. has anyone been able to get insurance to cover the surgery in the nyc area?? i'm going to talk to my general physician about my gyno on my next check up. (i have a pretty severe case and i've lost over 80 pounds and gained a good amount of muscle in the past 2 years...)

2. when they take your blood test, does it check for drug use?? just concerned about marijuana.

thought i had more but i guess thats it for now....i just got back from a vacation on a resort with my parents (forced me to go and i'm an only child...) and this vacation just made me feel so horrible about my chest that i cant take it anymore. we were there for a whole week and not once did i go swimming in a pool or the beach. everyday i was in the fitness room lifting weights.
and by the way i'm 20 and 195 pounds and 6'1"

thanks for anyone that can help
*PICS ADDED*
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=14388.msg100686#msg100686

« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 01:00:30 PM by helloHELLO »

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
bump......
i'm finally going to tell my mom about the G today. the way i'm doing this is by telling her to make an appointment with the doctor for me. with me saying that, she already expects that something is wrong with me. i didnt tell her what it was for gyno though.   when she calls me back today to tell me when my appointment is i'll tell her that its for my gynecomastia. i decided to do it this way so atleast now she can inform herself on gynecomastia while she's at work and if we talk about it when she gets home she'll have some knowledge about it and not just look at me like i'm crazy
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 12:31:04 PM by helloHELLO »

Offline PhillyPUFF

• Silver Member
Telling your mom is a great idea. After I told my family it was like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. Good luck with everything man.

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
thanks man. its tough man. i added some pics too. check my original post if u want to see

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
Great pics.

Your case is pretty substantial, compounded by your weight loss.  You however have some good things going for you.

1. You have already done the hard part, losing the weight.
2. At 20 years old you are the perfect age.  Young enough to still have plenty of time to catch up on missed beach time.
3. Skin tightening, although you have excess skin due to weight loss, at your age with the right surgeon you will come out great.
4 Your muscle tone will enhance the results.

Because of your severity (like mine), find a VERY experienced G surgeon.  Some docs who don't do this procedure regularly get by on average cases fine, but for you I would make sure your guy has done hundreds of these.

Bermant in VA, or Jacobs in NY are known to have that kind of experience.  In Canada, Fielding and Lista.  Don't know where you are from, but the good ones are out there, make sure you find one.  Not sure of Pope in FL, but I like his input here, maybe worth a look if you are in FL.

Good Luck.

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
im from NYC so im considering jacobs.

i went to my gp today and he said that all he can feel is breast tissue and that if i see an endocrologst that he wuld say theres nuthing wrong. hes going to test my blood next week

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024