Author Topic: So im scheduled for surgery on Monday with a.....  (Read 2290 times)

Offline JDubya1013

• Posting Member
military doctor.  Just had the final consultation and I go under on Monday.  The doctor is a Colonel in the USAF and is very familiar and knowledgeable on gynecomastia and has done quite a few operations.  Im having a bilateral excision with no lipo being done.  My question is, i asked if they would supply a vest, and said I really didnt one and I would pretty much just be wrapped up with ACE bandages.  Seems kind of odd, you think I should just go ahead and invest in a vest?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
My question is, i asked if they would supply a vest, and said I really didnt one and I would pretty much just be wrapped up with ACE bandages.  Seems kind of odd, you think I should just go ahead and invest in a vest?

My PS ( Dr. Fielding ) told me that a compression vest would not be necessary also. However, the tensor wrap that the hospital sent me home in would not stay in one place because of my chest shape. Kept on sliding down. It made me very itchy and was difficult to put on by myself ( took it off for showers ). So...I went out and bought this tensor wrap. It was about $60.00 (CND). IMO, I really don't think that a 'full' vest is necessary for Gyne recovery. My new tensor wrap is comfortable ( no itching ) to wear and takes only seconds to put on!

To answer you question though, yes, IMO, you should purchase some sort of compression wrap/garment. It would be a good idea....  ;)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 04:41:11 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline rcbrown23

It couldn't hurt. Probably speed up the healing process. Remember though, it is important to wear it 23/7 the first couple of days (or weeks), and don't strain yourself for awhile. It helps keep all tissue's in place and so on and so forth...

-Brown

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024