Author Topic: Compression hosiery  (Read 1002 times)

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Some of us have reasons for compression stockings, I happen to be one of them. My insurance pays for a couple pairs every 6 months and I can pick any colour or style in the outlet. 
Needless to say I go 'sexy'. 

How many if you use compression stockings (or stockings of any type)?
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline gotgyne

I missed this thread, thus my late answer. Here it goes: I get prescribed compression stockings (every 6 months) since my 20s after the diagnosis of chronic venous insufficiency. Have worn support pantyhose regularly since I was a teenager to avoid heavy and painful legs in the evening, especially on hot days. This is hereditary. All relatives from my mother's side had or have these problems. My uncle even got venous ulcers in his 30s.
I wear knee highs during winter and thigh highs or pantyhose from spring to fall, if the weather allows it, with shorts. My favourite colors are several skin tones, off-black and black. Compression class 2, sometimes 3 since I meanwhile developed four DVTs. On very hot days sometimes I wear compression pantyhose class 3 with support pantyhose over it to increase the compression and to enhance the look.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member
I had bilateral ablasions for varicose veins about 5 years ago and have been good ever since. The surgeon recommended that I wear compression stockings before the surgery and to wear something for stockings afterwards. I found that the Berkshire control tops were comfortable and less likely to develop runs. I still wear pantyhose  everyday for work.

❤️Sophie❤️

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
Have not needed them since I retired
Used them in surgery as we had to stand
for long periods of time in one spot
I am active in retirement so no problem
with stasis or edema
Not missing them …
Regards, Bob

Offline gotgyne

I had bilateral ablasions for varicose veins about 5 years ago and have been good ever since. The surgeon recommended that I wear compression stockings before the surgery and to wear something for stockings afterwards. I found that the Berkshire control tops were comfortable and less likely to develop runs. I still wear pantyhose  everyday for work.

❤️Sophie❤️
Sophie, as you're working at the breast care center, which is a medical branch, do you wear support pantyhose, as many employees (most of them female but some males also) do? To me they were a significant relief even before I had to switch to medical compression stockings.

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member
Great question! My wife asked me "why don't you wear compression pantyhose more often? " She used to when she wore skirts and dresses more and she swore by them. I do have a few pair that I have worn in the past and will wear them from time to time. However I like my Berkshires. I prefer the feel and the look. Even with wear heels 👠, I  find that they provide enough support for me. Like with everything else, I'm sure as I get older, I'll likely switch to wearing support hosiery more often. Until then, I'm sticking with my Berkshires.

♥️Sophie♥️

Offline gotgyne

I've meant support pantyhose as written, not the stronger and thicker medical compression pantyhose. As far as I know some hospitals even recommend wearing support pantyhose for their female staff. In my opinion they are so sheer meanwhile that there is almost no difference to normal pantyhose. Due to my leg problems I've never worn regular pantyhose but support pantyhose from the start. I looked on the Berkshire website and noticed that they at least have a lot of pantyhose with control top. Not necessary to wear a pantie girdle.

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member
I have worn pantyhose for quite a while. Long before transitioning. I wore mostly Leggs Sheer Energy . The ladies at work had me try Berkshire not long after transitioning. They are a bit more expensive, but they last longer and feel better too. Yes, I do wear control top, high waisted pantyhose.

Edit:
https://eberkshire.com/collections/control-top/products/8101-relief-30

After my initial response, I saw these. I think that a may try them out. I'm on my feet a lot at work. It may be worth trying. 

♥️Sophie♥️
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 11:10:33 AM by Sophie »

p.r.1974

I believe it was a pair of Leggs sheer energy pantyhose that a picture got snapped of me in at 7. Thanks mom. And I have worn them in the past after that as well. Medical compression has become a need for quite some time, but I will check out Berkshires. Thanks for the link Sophie!

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member
Don't get me wrong. I wore Leggs sheer energy for years under my slacks. I liked them and the served me well. As a matter of fact, just before this reply, I looked in the back of my file drawer in my desk and I have a brand new pair sitting in its little box (just in case).However, Im not wearing slacks to work very often anymore. If I have a run, it shows. The Berkshire pantyhose don't get the run like the Leggs do. 

I hope all of you guys have a Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving 💗 

♥️Sophie♥️

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
  I have worn leggs sheer energy for 25 years and have in the last 5 years gone to a more graduated compression hose.
All those years of wearing Leggs no one in my circle thought anything of it.  I just did what was best for me. 
I do find great relief from wearing and find muscle and tired leg aches to be much, much less.  Its not a big deal and I think nothing of it anymore.

I too just want to add.... Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

p.r.1974

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! May y'all have pleasant weekends with those close to you, or without if that is more pleasant!

Offline Began

• Posting Member
Ames Walker makes some Really good compression hose. 8-15 mmhg and up. I've tried Berkshire and others my favorite was hanes leg boost but it seems that they stopped making them.  It's funny I have no worries about walking around in pantyhose and shorts but a bra scares me? 

Offline gotgyne

Ames Walker makes some Really good compression hose. 8-15 mmhg and up. I've tried Berkshire and others my favorite was hanes leg boost but it seems that they stopped making them.  It's funny I have no worries about walking around in pantyhose and shorts but a bra scares me?
The same with me. I wear support and medical compression pantyhose (even in black, which is visible at once) meanwhile more than 20 years with shorts in public, but I would hesitate to wear a white bra under a thin white t-shirt. But at least I'm so confident, that I wear a bra under a colored t-shirt, even if the straps and the band are visible.

Offline Mature

• Posting Member
Many years ago I was prescribed medical grade 3 compression stocking for one leg due to post thrombotic syndrome. The medical hose fitters say there is no benefit of wearing thigh highs over knee high in my situation. Out of interest and potentially comfort I have tried a couple of retail grade 2 support pantyhose over the years but am yet to find a truly comfortable pair.

At 6ft with a US size 12 shoe, X Tall hose are still too small, crushing my foot when fully on and uncomfortable to wear for any length of time. I tried opening the toe on a pair and they became instantly more comfortable, but I'm suspect about how that affects the compression rating.

Retail ladies gear is just not made for my sizing. It's no easier finding hose that fits than finding an A cup bra with a 42" underbust.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024