Author Topic: Surgery completed with Mr Vijh 05/03/18  (Read 4562 times)

Offline Cristalis

• Silver Member
Hey, great results! How much was the surgery with Dr Vijh?

Offline Web8008

• Posting Member
Hey, great results! How much was the surgery with Dr Vijh?

Hey thanks! He quoted me £4,613 may be different for others though. 

Offline wakenbake123

• Posting Member
I got charged £4690 for surgery and 1 compression band.

So you have just over a week of Vest?  

Offline Cristalis

• Silver Member
Does this doc sees you after the surgery? Can he pull out any ammount of gland through the armpit incision?

How many follows up do one have with him after surgery? If somethimg not quite right can you get hold of him or is so busy that his nurses handles all his problems? Does he has a free revision policie? Where he operates, in London too or in Birmingham?

Thanks!

Offline kilroyrichard

• Posting Member
Does this doc sees you after the surgery? Can he pull out any ammount of gland through the armpit incision?

How many follows up do one have with him after surgery? If somethimg not quite right can you get hold of him or is so busy that his nurses handles all his problems? Does he has a free revision policie? Where he operates, in London too or in Birmingham?

Thanks!

I was also charged £4613. Consultation was £200 I think.

I had a friend with a substantially large chest and was operated on by Paul Levick. He only had to do armpit also.
Revisions are not free.
Yes he sees you the next morning after surgery for a few minutes.

He operates in the priory hospital in birmingham, and is in London once a month for consultations and follow ups (i live in London and do mine here, my follow up will be 30th april).
His assistant Julie handles most queries but she asks Dr Vijh.

I was told to do a week of provided compression band, then at least several weeks of compression vest.

Offline wakenbake123

• Posting Member
Yeah if I see him for a postop I will def ask why I had to pay more, he is a nice guy and everything but had no post op contact and still had to pay for compression vest like you guys but over 80 quid out of pocket.

Offline kilroyrichard

• Posting Member
I had to ring to ask for a post-op, I don't think they automatically set one up.

I'm healing fairly well but I am a little bit bothered at the vague post-op care and instruction. i have an issue with swollen scar tissue that i feel would not be there with stronger instruction... but it is early days for mine and hopefully I can break it down when it comes to the massaging stage.

As for a compression vest, I paid £55 online. So my fees were £4613 op, £200 consultation, £55 compression vest, £30 bromelain and arnica. Plus also trains to birmingham and hotel for my friend to stay over.

Offline Web8008

• Posting Member
I got charged £4690 for surgery and 1 compression band.

So you have just over a week of Vest?  

Not sure if the price differs depending on the severity, you'll have to ask him. 

As for the vest yes, well 4 more days now, cant wait to get this thing off and get back down the gym!! 

Hows your recovery going?

Offline Web8008

• Posting Member
Also going to ask about keloid steroid injections when I see him in 2 weeks, since I have some very solid lumps on some of my ribs, near the nipple and incisions. I know its early days and it will take 6 months to a year to fully appreciate, but has anyone had any success with these injections, or know of anyone who has? 

Offline wakenbake123

• Posting Member
2 weeks behind you m8 still feels sore if I'm being honest. Will order a second stage vest its lumpy towards top of chest
Hope the lumps situation resolves itself. Would it be worth using binder over that part overnight? 

Offline kilroyrichard

• Posting Member
I have a big lump below my armpit incision, which was the awkward area to compress with the compression belt to get it to sit that high. Also I wasn't explicitly informed the belt had to ride right up to the incision, although it makes complete sense.

Vijh advised 6 weeks before massaging lumpy scar tissue to break it down. I'm hoping my vest will subdue it over the next few weeks if it is kept compressed.

Between my ribs is very indented from the compression vest but i'm hoping these will pop back out after compression.

How long have you guys have the vest on for? My friend wore his for twelve weeks as a precaution but the thought is grim. Vijh advised me at least four and simply the longer the better. Realistically i'm hoping 8-10 weeks. Once my full movement is back I think i'll be ok with wearing it

Offline Web8008

• Posting Member
In all fairness it looks alright, I think I'm at that stage now where I'm over-analysing my results and possibly being impatient. However I do wonder how long they will last. I guess we all want the best results for ourselves! There are just a few area which are uneven and I'll post some pictures soon. 
I have tried the binder overnight and it seems to help with lumps, but when I remove the binder it comes back soon afterwards...perhaps wearing the binder for the whole 6 weeks non stop would have been better but not practically viable for me.
 I was wearing the vest and binder non stop for 2 weeks, then just the vest non stop and occasionally the binder from then on. I had the binder right up to the armpit almost to the point where it was cutting off my blood supply haha. To be honest I couldn't stick that binder anymore than 2-3 weeks, my back was as stiff as a board wearing it and started to ache as it was pushing my spine into too discomfort (I did have it on mega tight which is probably why). Its virtually impossible to do my job wearing it also. I haven't enjoyed wearing either of them, I'm still wearing my vest, and sometimes the binder in the evenings, got a few more days til 6 weeks then I will let nature take its course. 
Personally I won't wear the vest any longer than 6 weeks. I followed all the instructions pretty well so I guess its just a matter of time, I guess it won't hurt wearing it any longer. I did lightly massage the lumps yesterday, it wasn't painful because it was quite numb, didn't make it any worse; but not any better either! Still over the moon with the results though despite this compression malarky! 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024