Author Topic: Surgery next week. Any tips for me?  (Read 2107 times)

Offline chansam

• Bronze Member
I have surgery next week and I am a little nervous about being cut up.  Additionally, I'm someone who doesn't like taking medicine and now I am on all these meds because of the upcoming surgery.

One question.  How long after surgery can I take a shower?  I read someone saying something about using a sponge to wipe myself down.  Can I do that on my own?  How long after surgery?  Will my arms be able to move without my chest hurting?

Thanks.

Offline desi

• Gold Member
I have surgery next week and I am a little nervous about being cut up.  Additionally, I'm someone who doesn't like taking medicine and now I am on all these meds because of the upcoming surgery.

One question.  How long after surgery can I take a shower?  I read someone saying something about using a sponge to wipe myself down.  Can I do that on my own?  How long after surgery?  Will my arms be able to move without my chest hurting?

Thanks.

Surgery is a cake walk. the main thing is after care. i guess u cud shower 2-3 days later.. ur doc should be able to guide u beter. arms hurt a lil while moving... best is not to move arms too much around for a few days.... listen to ur doc...and listen to ur body...

get excision...lipo alone wont solve the problem..
Formerly, 'Fattgayee', as in 'Torn Apart' or more so 'I am Screwed' :)

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Yeah, surgery was the easiest part of the whole deal.  Just listen to your doctor about how easy you should take it while recovering.  He/she knows best.  Congrats and good luck.

Offline chansam

• Bronze Member
Thanks for the replies guys.  I'm nervous and excited at the same time about the surgery.  This will be a life changing event for me.   I am imagining myself running  on the beach with my shirt off enjoying the fresh air and water.

I will listen to my doc about the shower.  I am getting excision and lipo.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024