Author Topic: Off to the Doc on Monday  (Read 1198 times)

Offline abcdefg120

• Posting Member
After 3 nights running with very little sleep Ive decided to pluck up the courage and visit my doc to get this thing confirmed or not. Ive been kind of in denial since I first noticed things growing just a couple of months ago and I now measure 35 and 37 inches. Im 60 years old and 70kg and just a few months ago I had no chest fat or any signs of possible gynecomastia. Ive been getting a little discomfort especially at night and my nipples are quite tender most of the time now. I have to admit though the feeling I get from them is becoming very pleasant (which can't be normal) so I really think I need to get this checked out properly rather than trying to self diagnose. The rate of growth in 2 months is worrying to me and if it carries on for another 2 months could be a B or C before I know it. I’m interested to know how quickly others in my age group have grown.

Offline davhamm

• Posting Member
Well I haven't posted here before, as I am also just beginning this journey in life. But for me I am hoping it is the first time, my Dr will be able to help in a situation I felt helpless at for years.
Your Dr. Should do a blood test for Prolactin its the hormone that causes breast tissue growth. It also lowers Testosterone in men. Normal range for men is like 2 - 20. Mine is about 550. I have an MRI scheduled next week to confirm Prolactinomas, and start on drugs to reduce my Prolactin levels which hopefully will increase my Testosterone levels also. (current free-t 16 total T- 130)  My T has been low for at least 4 years. But the breast pain and growth seems to have only been recent (past 3 or 4 months)
Good luck. Go to whomever you feel more comfortable with. I don't think either one will look at you oddly or think anything less of you. Its no different than having the flu, cancer, an infection .... Not sure I would go to a Dr. that I feel I embarrassed talking to about anything. Then again I have had intestinal issues so we have talked about the color, size, shape and frequency of my poop, he does my prostate exams so really at this point, whats the big deal about some breast tissue. Heck the infection under my toe nail, and them having to rip that off was more disgusting in my opinion.

Offline abcdefg120

• Posting Member
Hi davehamn. Thanks for replying. Can I ask how old you are, how long since you first noticed a change. The one thing I can't find of this forum is how quickly this can turn into a big problem. Mine seams to have started only recently but progress very quickly.if it were to stay as it is id be perfectly happy but fear it won't

Offline davhamm

• Posting Member
I just turned, oh no wait its been a year already, I am about to turn 51. 
I don't know how long this has been going on for me, I am very overweight 6' 245 now was up to 270 at the beginning of the year. So it was more the pain that I noticed. But like I said I have T test blood work going back 4 well almost 5 yrs ago. 

Offline abcdefg120

• Posting Member
Had another rough night last night, thats 5 night running with increasing discomfort. Both breast are growing very quickly. I tried a 34B bra on last night and cant believe I already I fill it out pretty well. Given that that im 5”11 70kgs they are very prominent now. The only good thing is that they protrude forward and don't sag at the moment and look like pecks. Im going to try to se the doctor today because this is happening so fast its crazy. Ive can see and feel they have grow over the last few days.

Offline davhamm

• Posting Member
So what the Doc say on Monday? 

Offline abcdefg120

• Posting Member
So what the Doc say on Monday?

Well I saw the duty nurse and she's given me an appointment to take blood for testing next week. She didn't seem to have any doubts as to what it is but perhaps we can find the cause and do something about it, I don't know. Thankfully the nightly pains and growth have suddenly stopped and the swelling has actually reduced to about half of what it was. Also feels much softer now although I can feel the beanbag kind of texture more now. Oh well Ill just have to wait for the results I guess and take it from there.

Offline abcdefg120

• Posting Member
Spoke to soon.......Pain and swelling is back again. 
Even worse I'm sure by hips and bum have got bigger too now. 
This is just getting weird now.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024