Author Topic: done on monday  (Read 2177 times)

Offline w497k

• Posting Member
Hi all,

I had mine done on the Monday the 25th at  9am, it was a breeze cant believe how nervous I was for nothing really, anyway I had both the excision and liposuction done on both sides, I did the surgery in complete secrecy without telling anyone, I booked a hotel for 2 nights across the road from the suregy and stayed there while I told everyone I was away for work. When I woke up on Monday from surgery  I had slight tightness and sorness but nothing major, and took some painkillers, sleeping the first 2 nights was awkward cos of the drains I had in for 2 days,  I felt that I could have gone back to work on the weds but waited till today thurs morning to go in. My chest is perfectly flat, but the bandages aren’t coming off the nipples till Monday of next week. I’m wearing the vest without taking it off once till next Monday just washing myself by bathing, I have practically full upper body movement and only slight tightness but nothing major. sorry I have no photos, but if you are worried about the whole thing just go and do it, I cant belive its over and done with, now fingers crossed the final results will stay the same as they are now, it was the fullness of the breast which really bothered me more than the slight puff in the nipples so if the surgeons was able reduce the nipples by 50% and and the fullness by 80% I’d be a very happy person. I’m taking 3 antibiotics a day but no longer taking the painkillers and some natural arnica tablets, and kept off the drink for a week before and after surgery should I wait a bit longer??? i forgot to add i have no bruising and practially no swelling either i dont know if this is a good sign as i was prepared to be fairly stiff swollen and bruised

This board was what finally gave me the courage to go and get it done, I’m still pinching myself that I actually did it after many many years threatening to do something bout it. I was really cringing at everything about it making consultations going in, getting the drains out, but the embarrassment is worth it hopefully.

Thanks to all and I’ll keep you all updated
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 01:27:31 PM by w497k »

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
Hi, I just booked my surgery today. I'm having it done in 3 weeks. So I'm excited and nervous. I, too, am keeping it a secret from my family but I did tell 2 of my best friends. I don't like to be sneaky but I don't want to talk about it w/ my family. But I'm afraid something could happen and God forbid my mother should get a phone call saying "your son died during surgery" and she wouldn't even know I was having surgery--she knows nothing!

anyway, did you have general anastesia or did you have a local anastesia with a sedative? Also, how does the anastesia work? do you get an IV or a mask or both? Were you sick from the anastesia when you woke up?  this is my 1st surgery and I just don't like the idea of "going under" 'cause I'm afraid I won't wake up!!!

also, when you did wake up, where you completely bandaged up or did you just have some pads on the breast area? Also, how many people were in the operating room?  

any questions i should ask my doc? i have a pre-op consultation this Friday. Thanks!

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Congratulations!  The advice I would give is to hang in there and keep positive.  
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline w497k

• Posting Member
they called it twilight sedation but i think i was out cold, there was about 5 people in the room, i had the mask and the iv, i woke up in the recovery room sitting up and cant remember a thing!! was fine from the anethistac (spelling) just very drowsy and tired that day watched few dvds but didnt have much energy but ate 2 bg dinners alright!!! i could have worked on the weds but had to have the drains removed they were supposed to be only in till tues but decided on an extra day. i suppose it all depends on the person, but i felt fine yesterday, maybe a small bit slow moving. dont worry in the slightest bout the anastesia, as i said i was so embarseed about being there had thoughts of not showing up etc after paying the money, but jsut grin and bear it, you'll be awake and all over before you know it.

best of luck with it

Offline w497k

• Posting Member
i live in australia but am not originally from here so i didnt really have any family to tell, i gave the surgeon an excuse that i live in this city only for work and dont have someone to pick me up, they normally can get someone to look after you for the first day, but they were all booked up. i was fine by myslef but i had drains in and was a bit sore and sitff but nothing major, if you can get a hotel across the road mine was a 1min walk it would be perfect i just lay around watching dvds for 2days, only thing was i kept falling asleep cos of the painkillers and had very little energy for 2 days, i would prob recommend somebody knowing, i didnt really have a choice, luckily i didnt have any complications (touchwood thank god) but in case you do or maybe you might need more healing time etc prob best to let someone know or organise one fo those places that takes care of you for the first night, most people said i would be able put my arms over m,y head etc for a week but i could straight away, actually i was kinda worried if the job was done right as i had no swelling bruising etc

Offline w497k

• Posting Member
Just an update if anybody is interested,

I’m 2 weeks post op today, left side swelled up last week but has gone down since I’d hardly no brusing or swelling at the start, the lipo scars are almost gone and I have no bruising and very little if any swelling left, the nipples haven’t got puffy again or anything but then I have been wearing the vest non stop for the last 2 weeks. I feel like I could get back into the gym now no problem, but I’m going to wait till the 3 week mark to do cardio and wait till the 5 week mark to start back at the weights although I’d love to now but don’t really want any complications even if their wasn’t any further improvement If the results stay the same I’d be very happy.however you hear plenty stories about the nipples puffing back out so I’ll have to wait and see. I’m really looking forward to summer now (I’m in oz) if it stays the same. The scars I don’t thing would be that noticeable the lipo ones are nearly gone and to be honest I couldn’t care about the nipples ones if they didn’t get any better I’m sure they will its easier to explain scars than boobs!!!! Overall the whole thing has been very easy, I did the whole thing without telling anyone and its been a breeze. If you have the money go for it. The very odd occasion I’m been concerned they’ll puff back out etc or the fullness has returned, I’ve already noticed how little I now think about my chest compared to what I used to!!

Feel free to ask any questions if you want I’ll be only too happy to help if I can sorry I don’t have any pics but hoping to get some of the surgeon at the 6 week mark review. Also I’ve been taking arnica tablets and rubbing arnica cream I don’t know if its been a direct help or whatever but I’ve had minimal swelling

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024