Author Topic: Im finally having surgery on 08/09/08  (Read 7434 times)

Offline matty

• Bronze Member

Offline kingboob

why poland anyway?

Because it is cheap.................... that is the only reason people want to go there, and in my opinion it is madness.

To put your life in the hands of a doctor you have not met before the day of surgery, thousands of miles away from home, as far as I know most of this team doesn't even speak English... I mean I think it is just bonkers I really do........ 

If that weren't bad enough, plenty of people over the years have come back from this place with mixed results, they charge people for revisions also -   So There is a good chance you just end up dropping 2k twice, rather than paying 4k once in this country and getting a guarantee  of safety and revisions if it all goes t1ts up  -    And even the best surgeon is going to have to take a second go at it from time to time.

I'm sorry things didn't work out for you Anwar,  If I were you I would strongly consider getting advice from a surgeon in this country,  It would be £150 well spent IMO.........  also if your boobs are that large, the NHS may be able to help you, so it might be worth asking your GP if they are approachable.

Best of luck with the weight loss and getting the gyne resolved.  :-)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 02:39:26 AM by kingboob »

Offline WXYZ

• Bronze Member
I don't think he went there for a consultation.  Most people wouldn't fly to Poland just for that.  But I guess its a good thing that they gave him the correct advice instead of taking his money and doing the surgery.  That could be a good sign for a doctor.

Are you thinking about going to poland as well?

Going for surgery without a consultation?...that just sounds wrong. I thought it was like Benito, who would have his consultations here, then have the op in his country.

Me going to Poland? No Chance! The whole idea of going to a foreign country for surgery, especially if I don't speak the language doesn't sit well with me. So I'm going with Karidis, even though it's very expensive, it's worth it since you know your're in good hands and the vast majority are happy with their results.

Offline anwar

• Posting Member
i didnt have a consultation over here. a silly move on my part.but in all honesty its a lesson learnt. ive tried to approach my doctor about it and he just literally without looking at it just said no the nhs wont do anything about it, as it is cosmetic. screw them. twonks! anyway i think somewhere closer to home is a sensible idea. whilst i was over there i was petrified as i have never had any sort of surgery before, and they made me wait in my room for 6 hours before they came back, to say that my blood test was ok, but had low platelette count. in a nutshell, my blood takes longer to clot.

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
That 6 hours may have saved your life.

Offline anwar

• Posting Member
what do you mean mate. have u heard something bad about them?

Offline kingboob

what do you mean mate. have u heard something bad about them?

Would you really want to go down to surgery without the doctors knowing you have blood clotting issues?

You could potentially bleed out to death.............

Offline anwar

• Posting Member
it was the blood test they did at the clinic that confirmed low platelettes. ut hey said i was ok tohave the surgery even tho i didnt go ahead with it. he said it was due to low iiron.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024