Author Topic: exercising BEFORE surgery  (Read 2241 times)

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
i have my consultation in a little over 2 weeks. assuming that we decide to go for surgery, is it okay to exercise a lot BEFORE my surgery, including my chest area? i'll be sure to ask the doc that, but do any of you know off the tops of your heads?  it's just that after the surgery i'm sure the doc will tell me not to exercise that area for weeks or even months. sooo, i'm wondering if maybe it's a good idea to exercise that area now while i have a chance.  any ideas?

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
I have my surgery booked for mid october, and I'm going about my workouts as usual, doing cardio runs, burpees, pushups situps etc.  I don't think it matters truthfully since we've never been able to lose that fat there anyways.  Go ahead, like you said, after the surgery, we wont be doing much/

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
What are burpees?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
What are burpees?

Well, you gotta drink alot of beer.....   ;D

Seriously tho....

If memory serves me correctly, a burpee is an excercise where you start out parallel to the floor with your hands and toes touching the floor. Much like if you were going to do pushups. From the starting position, you bring your knees into your chest and then stand up. Then you reverse the movement. Crouch down with knees at chest and hands on floor. Then do a slight jump and swing your legs back out into the starting postition.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!

I was going to say that, but didn't want to lower myself to that level of humor...  He he he.   ;D
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
click here: http://www.rosstraining.com/articles/burpeeclip.htm

i do 80 burpees (sets of 10 or 12), with about a minute rest in between each set, 50 narrow grip pulldowns, 100 pushups, and 100 or so crunches...thats one workout.  The other i do is an interval run, much like the guerilla cardio, but 30 second intervals, not 20.  i bike to work when i can too, but all of the above replaces my years of heavier weight training, and short distance runs.  i ocassionally do a long one hour run too...you'd think my ti ts would be gone...but no

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!

Seriously tho....

If memory serves me correctly, a burpee is an excercise where you start out parallel to the floor with your hands and toes touching the floor. Much like if you were going to do pushups. From the starting position, you bring your knees into your chest and then stand up. Then you reverse the movement. Crouch down with knees at chest and hands on floor. Then do a slight jump and swing your legs back out into the starting postition.

John.

Very descriptive. It's like a picture but with words  ;)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 09:48:48 PM by jc71 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024