Author Topic: Feeling : Gland vs Fat  (Read 3859 times)

Offline LAB1

• Posting Member
Is there a difference in feeling of the gland and the fat in male breasts?

If so, can you describe it?

Offline LAB1

• Posting Member
Yeah mine is more soft and jiggly Lol

DrBermant

Is there a difference in feeling of the gland and the fat in male breasts?

If so, can you describe it?

Unfortunately, it can be difficult to distinguish just what is causing the problem.  Gynecomastia male breasts can be fat, gland, or most commonly a combination of both.  Sometimes skin and sagging tissues can be a factor.  Pseudo Gynecomastia is supposed to be fat only gynecomastia.  The problem with that "classification" is that in almost every case of gynecomastia I have seen there is some component of gland.  This gland can be very small, but it is present almost all the time.  So do you have Pseudo gynecomastia when there is a 1%, 10%, 50%, or 90% deformity from fat?  Reality just does not work that way.

Defining the problem with photographs sometimes can help.  However, it is impossible to tell from photographs if the deformity is from fat or gland. The dynamic images, of my standard set of images can show a region that compresses differently.  Even clinical examination differentiation can be difficult.

Fat tends to be soft, gland tends to be firm.  Fingers of gland often dissect between fingers of fat.  Look at this drawing and move your mouse over the arrows.  However, gland can be soft and fat firm confusing the picture.  Gland tends to be located under the nipple and pinching pressure can sometimes tether to the nipple pulling it in.

Men with excessive fat do tend to have certain contour issues.  Check out this link about Sumo Wrestlers.  Men tend to carry excessive weight in their chest and stomach.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline LAB1

• Posting Member
Wow that is a great reply!  :o

Thanks alot

Here is a picture of me, taken 1 day ago:
http://img243.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture24xg.jpg

What do you think?

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
Yeah  i thought the hard tissue in my left side was gland turned out it was fat as Ihad an ultrasound done.I think it is quite difficult to tell sometimes.especiallyif your body fat is higher than it should be ;D as mine used to be.

kicka

IOhave two solid discs under each nipple  going out to soft im thinking the gland is the hard bit i can also feel the fingers coming out of it on the left side

Offline LeftNip

• Posting Member
I am 30 yrs old and in the early stages (less than 32 months  of gyne on just the left).  My doctor said to take Ibuprophen to KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF IT.  

There have been cases where Farmers get Gyne from rubbing their suspenders, and the actually produce milk.  

So STOP TOUCHING IT!!  

So if you are in the early stages do this:
- Get a blood test (make sure something else is not wrong causing this)
- Stop touching it
- Take Ibuprophen
- Stop trying to bulk up in the gym (Type IV - hypertrophy of the pectoral muscle)
- Try to loose fat (fat stores estrogen)

(I've touched my left nip enough to know it has changed from a hard 1" bulb, to a larger softer mass.   However, I am no longer monitoring it. - Will update later probably.)

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
I am 30 yrs old and in the early stages (less than 32 months  of gyne on just the left).  My doctor said to take Ibuprophen to KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF IT.  

There have been cases where Farmers get Gyne from rubbing their suspenders, and the actually produce milk.  

So STOP TOUCHING IT!!  

- Stop touching it
- Take Ibuprophen
- Stop trying to bulk up in the gym (Type IV - hypertrophy of the pectoral muscle)

(I've touched my left nip enough to know it has changed from a hard 1" bulb, to a larger softer mass.   However, I am no longer monitoring it. - Will update later probably.)

umm... I think you're very confused buddy. so too is your doctor
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 09:07:05 PM by tonysoprano »
... and the saga continues

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member

So STOP TOUCHING IT!!  

- Stop touching it
- Take Ibuprophen

some goodadvice there...erm the whole farmer thing though ,if that did happen I think more farmers would get gyne as it would save money on buying cows to  produce milk  ;D.Never heard of that occuring m8

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024