Author Topic: Surgery Finally Over  (Read 8615 times)

Offline oracle_911

• Posting Member
(Surgey was with Dr. Haugrud, Calgary Ab, Rockyview Hospital)

Well its over. I'm at home. And well it was quite a nerve rack I must say. The worst part was waking up off the anaesthesia, and it felt kind of hard to breathe.. like i was slipping in and out of consciousness. The nurse just said to breathe slowly and deep.. the sensation faded. To top that off, the bed was too short for my legs, so it was hard to be at all comfortable. I was nausiated for a good 2 hrs after surgery, until I could finally feel somewhat relaxed.

So to answer, I had lipo and excision done. I have drainage tubes, which have released about 120ml in the past 20 hrs. Good thing i have them. Overall pain is not really an issue, just some mild nausea and discomfort from time to time.

Doctor was nice, and got the job done. I have to wait for a while to get the drains out, but it will be nice.

So im alive, and kicking. Wouldnt really want to go through the surgery part again though. Oh yes.. for free!!! That's the most comforting part.

Cheers.

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member
Well congrats bro
I cant beleave its all free! You didnt pay for a single thing? Im in Edmonton and I would love to have the operation.How long did you have to wait for the Consaltation and how long did you wait for a the operation?
Again good for you and happy living.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Congrats Dude!!!

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline politik1

• Posting Member
Congrats man!!!

I'm going in for surgery in less than 24 hours with Dr. Lobay in Edmonton.

Getting excited and nervous!!!!

Offline oracle_911

• Posting Member
Haha,

Yah today is a lot better. Drainage is slower, and overall discomfort is lower. I can already tell Im a new man. Just by looking at the bandages. Sleeping kind of sucks, have to always be on your back.. oh well.

It took me 4 months I believe for a consultation, and 9 months wait time to book and appt. Well worth it though. And no, the only thing I paid for was the parking bill at the hospital. He must just have some weird classification to bill it back. Again, Im not complaining.

I will post any exciting news!

Cheers

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member
What did you tell him to have them bill A.H.C.?Did you tell him it depressed you?
Or you have to be a special case?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 10:13:42 AM by Shattered_Nyte »

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
I think it relates to being 19 or younger.  There is some type of assistance (ie. free) for cases when the patient is a teenager.  Oracle can correct me if that's not his case, but I believe I have seen that before here.
JCF  Success Story - Surgery Aug 23, 2006

Offline oracle_911

• Posting Member
Well Im 21. and will be 22 in a month. So I dont think that is the case. I dont know man. But I do know these drains suck. My left side slowed down since yesterday, but the Right has picked up a bit 7.5cc to 10cc. Not a big deal as in the day there is more going on then in the night I would guess.

Gotta love drainage of red fluidy stuff. haha

Offline Puff

• Posting Member
Are you sure you got the lipo or are you just assuming?  I don't think he usually does lipo on gyn.

Please give periodic updates, you owe it to us and yourself!

Offline oracle_911

• Posting Member
Of course I will, I have to go and get my tubes removed on Monday, and I will ask him the size of the gland he removed and such. I didnt get a chance to talk to him after, as he is such a busy guy. The nurses said he only chat's if somthing did not go well. And that my surgery went how it should.

I do have to double check on the lipo thing. But as I had said in another post, my g/f caught a glimpse of the clipboard, and it said LIPO (check box checked) and EXCISION (check)

I want to keep posting my progress as there have been no other Dr Haugrud experiences on here. And I believe he is a good doctor ( we will see how good in a few weeks  ;) )

Offline Puff

• Posting Member
Awesome, look forward to hearing all the details!

Offline oracle_911

• Posting Member
Took bandages off today. WOW, my man-boobs are gone!

Looks real good. The right side has almost no bruising at all! Looks great. Left side is a lot more bruised and tender, a bit more swollen as well. Can feel some hardness under the bruises. I actually went out today 48hrs after surgery. I also mowed the lawn. ( I dont recommend moving around this early, but I am stupid)

Cant wait to get the tubes out though, as they are kind of a pain in the ass now. I hope where they went in does not leave a scar to big.

Offline abaz

• Bronze Member
Can you PM me his # so I can book an appointment with him. I live in Calgary aswell, and my boobs are getting bigger and I feel lumps inside  :-X

Offline AUSTIN

• Posting Member
Can you PM me his # so I can book an appointment with him. I live in Calgary aswell, and my boobs are getting bigger and I feel lumps inside  :-X

His phone # is 403-234-8008

check out these links

http://www.calgaryhealthregion.ca/hsd/search?direct=displayPhysicianDeta ils&physicianId=657

and

http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=7;action=display;num=1143862487;start=3#3

Offline AUSTIN

• Posting Member
Are you sure you got the lipo or are you just assuming?  I don't think he usually does lipo on gyn.

Please give periodic updates, you owe it to us and yourself!

U are right in this man, I belive Dr. Haugard doesn't do / tries to avoid doing lipo.

Oracle, hope hope u've checked with him on this issue, plz let us know.

Congrats man & have a happy life free of gyn.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024