Author Topic: Surgery Finally Over  (Read 8614 times)

Offline AUSTIN

• Posting Member
Amen for his philosophy. I'm pretty sure I got lipo, as that is what was on my surgery sheet. My g/f snuck a peak at it. You know I think he doesnt want ppl to know he does lipo as well, so he doesnt get in trouble for charging it to the health system. But I did get an excision for sure.. *ouch* haha

;D  I guess the same question is being addressed to u on different posts  ;D I like this answer, surely works 4 me, just hope its real.

Offline oracle_911

• Posting Member
Update,

So i was feeling so well that on friday i decided to get a little too up and attem. I went to go and look underneath somthing and I felt a little pain, like I had pulled somthing. I went home, and about 2 hrs later I noticed some mild swelling starting on my (what was before perfect) right side. It started to get bigger and bigger. It was then I noticed the small incision where my drain tube is also started to have blood seep from it . I immediatley got worried and decided it time to go to the hospital. Being late I had to wait in the emegergency wing for 3 hrs. My right side swelled to what I believe was a C-cup. I was very very worried.

The 4th hour I saw a doctor whom told me I probably ripped somthing, and gave myself a hematoma. I laid in the hospital till 7 am, (went in at 11p,) until he pushed his hand on my chest.. broke the clot a little and went for x rays to make sure nothing too major had happened.

This was the scariest thing, My right side was absoultey HUGE!!

I was afraid I might have to go into surgery again, to have the tissue repaired and to stop the bleeding or somthing.

Anyways so its two days later now, and the swelling has subsided a fair amount, but still is no where close to the side which was not hurt.

The right side is also very very brusied, where there was NO bruising before. Morale of the story, TAKE IT VERY VERY VERY EASY!!!. No matter how good you feel, dont take it for granted. I did, and it cost me BIG time.

Tomorrow I have an appt with Dr Haugrud to get the drains removed, and I can tell him what a dumbass I was.

Talk to you later.

Offline AUSTIN

• Posting Member
Waiting to hear from u after u see him today, good luck man

Offline oracle_911

• Posting Member
Okay ,

So I went in today, and showed him the damage I induced. He said it was pretty full of fluid and clot. And that If I waited for it to go away by itself, it would take a long time.

With hesitation I listened as he said he would re open my stiches, and stick his finger inside my chest to get the clot out. In case you dont know, clotted blood looks like red hard jelly stuff.

This did not sound very fun to me, and I was a bit apprehensive. In the meantime he took out my drains, which did not actually hurt that much at all. (Though drains go about 3 inches inside your chest)

I decided to let him "have at" my chest. So he gave me a little freezing, un-did the stiches, and I looked at the ceiling as I felt him pour around my chest, pushing and squeezing to get the material out. It was almost as good as a horror movie I must admit. It did not hurt though, just was a little uncomforatble to say the least. He ended up getting about 100ml of clot  out. Which looked kind cool actually. After he sewed me up, my chest looked normal as it had right after surgery (phew)

He said smaller hematoma's are common (as i have a small one on my left side)

But the larger ones should be dealt with soon, to avoid having scar tissue form. Im glad I got this taken care of.

I have to go see him again in a week, to make sure not too much fluid collects in the area where he took out the clot. If this is the case he will take a small syringe, and remove some fluid. (not a "horse" syringe as some others have reported)

I hope this does not need to happen, but after all I have been through it seems like nothing. But hey I have no more tubes!! yay. I can have an un-garbage bagged shower.

Back to work tomorrow, where I am going to take it ultra easy, as I work IT.

Cheers.

Offline abaz

• Bronze Member

His phone # is 403-234-8008

boob ? lol  ;D anyways, im calling him tommorro, gonna see whats up. my chest keeps getting bigger, and i dont lift weights either, plus i feel lumps on my right side, a bit upwards of my areola. did anyone have this feeling ? owell, hopefully i can get in for surgery next year  8)

Offline abaz

• Bronze Member

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member

Is there a consultation fee or does AHC pay for that too?

Offline oracle_911

• Posting Member
No consult fee's.

Offline oracle_911

• Posting Member
Okay so its another week later. After my clot removal experience, the area filled up with fluid. It went right back to the original size... not good.

But today I went in and he removed about 100cc of fluid. I am flat again for another day. Hopefully it will stay down this time.  Only time will tell. Im keeping my tensor really tight... haha. Oh well.. healing is going well. Almost all swelling is now gone.

Sooon!!!

Offline Puff

• Posting Member
How's it going man?  Share with us an update! ;D

Offline outshined

• Bronze Member
yes i definetely want to hear updates.. I am scheduled for consultation with Haugard on feb. 5th

Offline outshined

• Bronze Member
any updates??

i spoke with haugard and i'm booked in 6-9 months!

Offline NoChance

• Posting Member
Yeah I would appricaite any more info as well.

I have already had my consultation and am expecting the surgery with Dr. Haugrud sometime in June-July.
Any extra info would help to calm my nerves.

Offline finallygotitdone

• Posting Member
Hey , congrats on the surgery , i had mine 4days ago and i like the fact that my chest is flat now . i have drainage tubes too. How much fluid are you suppposed to lose? My nipples are also sunk in , were yours like that? and if they were , are they coming out? I hope you can answer some of my questions. I had my surgery done in yellowknife by dr. steward, at no cost to me either , thank god to canadian healthcare. well , goodluck and agin congrats , i hope you feel better and your life improves because of the surgery , i know mine will . i hope you can answer some of my questions . take care .

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024