Author Topic: Op @ Hurlingham Clinic - Monday 7th March 05  (Read 4109 times)

Offline JJ10

• Posting Member
I'm back.

A little sore, mildly dizzy but over the worst of it.

Everything seems to have gone smoothly. After I was administered the sedative I slowly dozed off. A combination of TIVA (Total Intravenous Anasethesia) and local anaesthetic (on the breast area) was used.

Next thing I remember was gradualy waking up and chatting to the nurse. It was about 20 minutes before I was totally awaken.

I briefly had a chance to look at my chest before the compression vest was put on and things are looking nice.

I guess only time will tell how good the results will be.

Im impressed with the Clinic, the Surgeon (Daniel Goldberg) and the staff.

Also, I have a direct 24hr number I can call if anything I'm concerned about occurs which is certainly an added bonus.

If over the next 12 months I am not happy with the results, I can have a touch-up op, paying only for the anaesthetist - Dr Goldberg will not charge for his work.

Well, I'll keep you posted on how things continue.

Feels strange - I've actually done it. Fingers crossed everything turns out as I expect  :)

Thanks for your words of support guys.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Congrats. I can't wait to be in your position, not long to go now.

Good luck for the recovery.
etc.

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
Excellent. Another gyne victor!

It's good that they have given you a 24hr number to ring. Just take things steady, and don't be put off if you think things haven't gone to plan - I'm sure every man who has gyne correction at some point just after the surgery thinks "oh no, they've messed me up!". It's natural to be paranoid at some point, so expect it.

Can't say much more, apart from well done, and here's to the summer! 8)

(Can't stop thinking about hot weather now!)

Cheers.
Another happy Levick Lad.

Offline serg

• Silver Member
Congratulations mate, welcome to the other side!

Things can only get better from here  :)

serg

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Congrats...!  ;)

Take'r easy for the next week or so...

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline JJ10

• Posting Member
I woke up not so long ago after having a good long nap (didnt get too much sleep the night before)

My chest and rib areas are quite painful at the moment but I was told to expect that.

I finally took off the compression vest to take a peek. As the incisions were made in the areola I dont have too much bandaging.

There is relatively little bruising. I can see the results quite clearly, although no doubt the shape is going to change over the next few weeks, if not months.

Things are looking flat. Almost too flat in the centre of the chest! However, I'm aware that I'm not the only person who has expereinced this and know that its something that is likely to remedy itself in time.

At this point I have to say that Im happy overall. In fact, its hard to believe that Its actually done - hasn't quite sunk in yet  :P

Over the next few weeks I'll take some photos and post them.

Offline Merv_UK

• Posting Member
Congratulations JJ. All sounds good, think this is actually a really good time of year for the op: gives you 3/4 months recovery time before the summer.

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
Congratulations JJ. All sounds good, think this is actually a really good time of year for the op: gives you 3/4 months recovery time before the summer.

Exactly. Can you imagine having to wear bandages or a vest in hot weather?! Nasty!

Offline ed_nistic

• Posting Member
The all important question........ what was the cost?

Offline JJ10

• Posting Member
Im not so sure that 'what was the cost' is the all-important question. In 6 months time you can ask me 'Are you happy with the results?' Now that would be the all important question 8)

Anyhow, the overall cost was £3000. Somewhat less expensive than other surgeons may may think, but there are reasons for this. This is a clinic and everything is in-house. Dr Goldberg has his own nursing staff, anaesthetist and operating theatre. that cuts out the hefty cost of using hopitals and paying for an outside anaesthetist.

I have to stress that this place has come across as a very impressive and professional clinic.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024