Author Topic: Blood tests  (Read 4274 times)

Offline Birmingham

• Bronze Member
Hi guys. Just had my op booked for in March and I need to get the blood tests done soon since I wasn't able to do them at the hospital. My GP isn't an option, since he's a family friend and I'm sure would tell someone and even if he wasn't I'd just feel uncomfortable telling him about this.

What shall I do? Can you come in a day before your op and get them done at the hospital? I can't even find a phlebotomist in my area...

Offline zm

• Silver Member
Check here mate...

Check out medichecks in google as i'm not allowed to enter links.
On the left hand side you can check nearest center.

Offline Birmingham

• Bronze Member
Check here mate...

Check out medichecks in google as i'm not allowed to enter links.
On the left hand side you can check nearest center.

Wow I was searching for a place like that all day yesterday and didn't come across that website lol. Have you used it before? The blood tests do look quite expensive on there.. I'll call them tomorrow and find out the prices and this may be someone other users can use as well if it's cheaper because they seem to have a lot of clinics in every city.

Offline zm

• Silver Member
I've not used their services myself but i know various bobybuilders from other forums i visit have.

Offline Birmingham

• Bronze Member
I've not used their services myself but i know various bobybuilders from other forums i visit have.

Ah okay thanks mate. Just got the call from Nicola and paid Karidis' fee in full so no way of backing out now! Btw did the hospital call you for their fee or did you have to call them?

Offline zm

• Silver Member
The hospital hasn't called yet. I actually called Nicola a few days ago and just booked it as my mind has been like a yoyo in terms of making a decision about that op. do i, do i not. i'm sure you know the drill..lol...  For a split second i made up my mind while at work (like many other times) but this time, i quickly grabbed my wallet pulled out my visa and just paid the £1500 deposit...when is your op?

Offline Swarley

• Bronze Member
Hey guys,
Unless something's changed since I had my op, you need to call the hospital to pay.

You should have received a confirmation letter (in the post, or attached to an email) from Karidis' team after you booked the surgery, with instructions w.r.t payment.

Here's what my letter said:

We would like to remind you that the hospital fee is £1,658 and must be paid directly to the hospital prior to admission.  You can do this by contacting the Finance Office on 0207 806 4000 ext. 4058/8265 to pay by credit/debit card.  This payment must be made a minimum of five days prior to your admission date.  If you wish to pay by any other means, please contact the Finance Office FIFTEEN days prior to your procedure for advice.
Surgery with Alex Karidis 8/11/11. Currently recovering.

Offline Birmingham

• Bronze Member
The hospital hasn't called yet. I actually called Nicola a few days ago and just booked it as my mind has been like a yoyo in terms of making a decision about that op. do i, do i not. i'm sure you know the drill..lol...  For a split second i made up my mind while at work (like many other times) but this time, i quickly grabbed my wallet pulled out my visa and just paid the £1500 deposit...when is your op?

Haha I knew that's how I'd feel too so as soon as I got the call I rushed to get my card and paid all of Karidis' fee at once. I wanted to pay the hospital fee right then as well but she said that either they'll give me a call or I'd need to call them but I guess they explain it in the email, which I haven't received yet. I just hope the payment goes through because I don't want to explain to my bank why I'm withdrawing all that money. It's on the 3rd of March man, so less than a month. As soon as I pay the hospital fee I'll sort the blood tests out and if I run out of time to get them done myself Nicola said I could just come in a day early and get them done at the hospital. That might be ideal for me because I have a friend who lives nearby and I can stay with him the day before and get familiar with the area.

When is your op?

Offline Birmingham

• Bronze Member
Hey guys,
Unless something's changed since I had my op, you need to call the hospital to pay.

You should have received a confirmation letter (in the post, or attached to an email) from Karidis' team after you booked the surgery, with instructions w.r.t payment.

Here's what my letter said:

We would like to remind you that the hospital fee is £1,658 and must be paid directly to the hospital prior to admission.  You can do this by contacting the Finance Office on 0207 806 4000 ext. 4058/8265 to pay by credit/debit card.  This payment must be made a minimum of five days prior to your admission date.  If you wish to pay by any other means, please contact the Finance Office FIFTEEN days prior to your procedure for advice.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply mate. What did you say when you called the hospital? That you're a patient of Dr. Karidis and your op date? Also, did you pay by debit card? Any problems with the transaction?

Sorry about all the questions lol it just all feels so surreal now that the op is booked and I'm actually going through with it.

Offline Swarley

• Bronze Member
I think the number puts you through to a switchboard. Some bloke answered, I asked to be put through to the finance office, and he just said "errmmm".
I had more success when I said put me through to extension 4058.

Once I actually got through to the finance office, it was very straight forward - I think I just said I was having a procedure with Alex Karidis and needed to pay my hospital fees.
They took my name, presumably looked me up on the computer, confirmed the date of my operation, and then took my debit card details.
I'd moved the money over from my savings account the day before, and it all went though without any problems.

Offline zm

• Silver Member
Thanks for that Swarley. very useful.

My op is on the 15th of March.
I'm feeling so much anxiety, it's unreal. even loss of appetite..i mean, what the hell am i doing....?  even had an uneasy night thinking about it...is this normal?

Offline Birmingham

• Bronze Member
Thanks for that Swarley. very useful.

My op is on the 15th of March.
I'm feeling so much anxiety, it's unreal. even loss of appetite..i mean, what the hell am i doing....?  even had an uneasy night thinking about it...is this normal?

I don't know if it's normal but I'm feeling exactly the same. My first surgery ever.. I just hope I don't panic when they're about to put me under.

Offline zm

• Silver Member
I think we should hold each others hands and have the surgery together...lmao....

Offline Birmingham

• Bronze Member
I think we should hold each others hands and have the surgery together...lmao....

Hey mate I sent you a message not sure if it was sent, reply soon if you can pls.

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
I remember feeling so excited after I had booked it and then as soon as I had paid and put the phone down the reality dawned and for a couple of days I just thought "have I done the right thing", a few days later I was excited again, I did have the occasional moment when I questioned it, but on the whole I was excited. Then came the day before the OP and all I could think about was the anaesthetic and hoping I would wake up after being put under lol

That day wasn't much fun, but the next day, after waking up, was one of the most surreal days I can recall for a long time, a really amazing feeling.

I don't think you would be normal if you didn't worry a little bit, but it will all be ok, the hospital is first class

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024