Author Topic: Help  (Read 3897 times)

Offline hull

About a month ago my left nipple started to hurt, it felt like a pimple or ingrown hair. After a week I developed a small lump in the areola but to the side of the actual nipple. Today it is still sore and the lump is still there along with some "puffiness of the entire areola. I am 28 and workout regularly. I have used steroids in the past, but it has been 2 years since I had last used, and never had any problems then. I don't think I have a testosterone deficiency, as I have a good sex life. My question is is this gyno? Should I visit a family doctor first or go directly to an endo doctor...Thanks

Offline hull

Also my gyno is not even close to needing surgery and if I took my shirt off it would be difficult to spot. I just want to resolve the issue before it becomes a major problem.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
See the Doctor and get this checked out very soon.

Men's breasts are just as sensitive as women's, They have the same nerves etc.  But you are talking about excessive sensitivity and pain with a palpable mass....... Gynecomastia could occur at any time, but not usually in your age range.

Check it out with the Doctor.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
See the Doctor and get this checked out very soon.

Ditto...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Could also be a cyst. Get it checked out
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline JTZ

• Bronze Member
About a month ago my left nipple started to hurt, it felt like a pimple or ingrown hair. After a week I developed a small lump in the areola but to the side of the actual nipple. Today it is still sore and the lump is still there along with some "puffiness of the entire areola. I am 28 and workout regularly. I have used steroids in the past, but it has been 2 years since I had last used, and never had any problems then. I don't think I have a testosterone deficiency, as I have a good sex life. My question is is this gyno? Should I visit a family doctor first or go directly to an endo doctor...Thanks

Hull, that's pretty much how it started for me too. I also used anabolic steroids and developed a very painful lump under my right nip about a year after stopping steroids. All of a sudden it was there one day, and only got worse from there on the right side, until the same thing happened under the left nip.

Your gyno is probably going to get worse from here. Your hormones are probably out of whack from taking the anabolic steroids, even if it's been a few years. I haven't taken any steroids since 1999 and my hormones are still out of whack...

Strange though...I'm more muscular, bigger, and stronger now than I ever was while taking steroids and it's been nearly 6 years. Weird.  :-/

Anyways, you should probably see an Endo and get everything checked out.

HTH

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
With the history of steroid use, it is important that I add this.

The Doctor will need all the best information in order to make a good evaluation of your problem.

This means that you will have to provide the Doctor with information that is both complete and accurate.  Everything must be out in the open, even Herbs and vitamins.

Offline hull

Well I visited a doctor today and he told me not to worry about it. I gave him the complete history and he asked questions about if I have had secretion from the nipple etc... He said that I am completely healthy and that even though there is a small lump, you can't even tell that I have it from a visual perspective. I asked him about having blood work done and he said he does not think that it is needed at this point. What do you guys think?

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
So the dr says you're a completely healthy guy with a sore lump in your chest?  ???  I'm no dr. but sounds like something just aint right.  I'd say monitor it for a while to see if it grows, did he give you any reason why it hurts?  Sounds odd to me.

Offline JTZ

• Bronze Member
Well I visited a doctor today and he told me not to worry about it. I gave him the complete history and he asked questions about if I have had secretion from the nipple etc... He said that I am completely healthy and that even though there is a small lump, you can't even tell that I have it from a visual perspective. I asked him about having blood work done and he said he does not think that it is needed at this point. What do you guys think?

Wow hull, that's kinda the same thing that happened to me. I got the painful lump, saw a doc, told him my complete history, and he said it was nothing to worry about and RX'd me some Ibuprofen.  >:(

In a few months to a year, I had full blown gyno around both nips.

You should get a second opinion. If you told your doc that you took steroids, that should have put up a huge red flag for him. It seems logical that he should have ordered a blood work-up for you to see what's going on in there.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 06:06:49 PM by JTZ »

Offline digitelpersona

Hey everyone!

My story is almost identical to Hull, except I never took any steroids.  My left nipple started to feel sensitive and I too thought it was a pimple.  Had it checked out and I was told it might be gyno by my doctor, so she sent me to get a mammogram and an ultrasound today!  They just showed normal breast tissue (gyno) and nothing else.

So I guess I'm trying to find out what my options are at this point.  What can be done to stop this so it doesn't get bigger?  Also my right breast seems to be normal for now, but I'm very concerned about it.

I had been on propecia for three years and started taking accutane about 3 month ago.  The gyno did not show up until two month ago, but my doctor said that it couldn't be the accutane, but could be the propecia; so she has taken me off the propecia.

I'm 25 years old and my left nipple is sore and tender and it's driving me nuts having to go through this.  I was just wondering if anyone had any advise for me at this point.

I don't want to let this go until it gets worse, so can anything be done to stop it?

Thanks for any info or comforting words!

Joe

Offline hull

Here is my next question. How do you find a doctor that deals with issues like this? It seems to me that most family practicioners are glorified nurses who only know broad, general issues and nothing specific. Can you make an appointment directly with a endocrinologist to have them draw blood and make a follow-up appointment to discuss the results?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024