Author Topic: Loan options  (Read 2797 times)

Offline fiXXXer

• Bronze Member
Hello everyone,

It's been a few months since my last post, but I've been spreading the knowledge over at the bodybuilding.com forums.

Anyway, I now have about $2,300 cash saved up, as well as a credit card with a $1,500 credit line.  I know that the total doesn't add up to the cost of surgery, but what might my options be now that I have about half of the cost of surgery saved up?

Also, what is the ideal body fat percentage for when to have surgery - better to be bigger or larger?
Facing what consumes you is the only way to be free!

Offline Bolognianips

• Silver Member
Dont gain weight!  Ideally find a maintainable BMI (hopefully it is within the norm).  I would think any weight gain or loss quickly after the surguery will diminish the results since your surgery was done at a certain weight in order to look normal.

As far as financing..  If you can only recive a credit limit of 1500 you are probably looking at a high interest loan and could be considerd high risk.

Save another grand... and take out a few more credit cards at least a year in advance so recent inq. on your credit wont deter any loan you may get for the operation.

Also.. use that credit card...  for whatever payments you make, just make sure you pay it off immidiately.  This will allow for you to apply for a credit increase.

Offline fiXXXer

• Bronze Member
What I meant to ask was "better to be smaller or larger?"
What I mean is that I'm now about 15 pounds over weight.  Would it be better for me to lose the weight before or after surgery?  I plan on getting huge (muscle), but I know that this takes many years.

I was thinking that since I have half of the money saved up, I could take out an even smaller loan, one that I could pay back faster, or a loan for the full amount, pay half of it off right away, and then not have to worry about interest so much.

I don't want to wait much longer. :(

Offline fiXXXer

• Bronze Member
OK guys, something good has happened - yesterday, upon returning home from work, there was a letter in my mailbox:  A tax refund check from 2 years ago!  Between the $2,300 I had originally, and the check from yesterday, I now have about $5,000.  I am going to start looking into surgeons in my area!

I'm so ecstatic!!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
OK guys, something good has happened - yesterday, upon returning home from work, there was a letter in my mailbox:  A tax refund check from 2 years ago!

Now that's something you don't see everyday!  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024