Author Topic: Surgery complete with Dr Chambers  (Read 1644 times)

Offline Sj

• Posting Member
Hi people just an update to tell you that I had my surgery done with Dr Alexandra Chambers at Wimpole Street London on Monday 13th May.

So Monday morning came round quick got up at 4.30am had a shower used the hibiscrub as advised. Then the drive to London for 9am actually arrived early surprising for London. Sat down with Victoria Dr Chambers assistant filled out some more forms. After filling out the forms I met with Dr Chambers and went through the consent forms then she took some before pics then it was into my gown then I was given some anxiety tablets to calm me down try to chill me out which actually worked felt like I was laying on a sun lounger not a surgical table lol. Victoria then put an Iv into my arm gave me antibiotics. Had to wait 30mins longer just to get it into my system. Then from there it was a bit of a daze I remember not falling asleep that much whilst having the surgery the drs were surprised as I was given the max sedative to send me to sleep but did not feel a thing. Think it took 2hrs or a tad longer.

Then the compression vest was put on me by Victoria and Rafaella 2 stunning and quality assistants I must say. Then it was to the recovery room where I got tea toast biscuits chocolate pretty much a buffet that was just because my blood pressure was a bit low. I felt fine sat up then I did feel a bit light headed so Victoria put me on a drip to get fluids into me. By the time I left was about 6pm but the staff that looked after me were top notch 200%.

I went back the tues to remove bandages and massage the chest area everything was spot on saw the difference straight away just you can hear the fluid when I was having the massage which is normal.

Then it was back on the Thurs for another check up Drs were really happy with the healing process so far it was more massaging with Rebecca this time another stunner and what a professional this was by hand and with a machine which sucks your skin and you can move the nossel just to get the fluid moving pretty much like a Hoover lol. Changed the dressings cleaned the wounds and I was good to go again.

Back on Monday to have the sutures out.

So far I'm extremely happy with results so far and I'm glad I went with Dr Chambers and her team because what a team they are.

Thanks guys sorry for the bore

Sj

Offline mike93

• Bronze Member
As much as I rate Levick and Karidis, it's nice to hear from someone who has chosen a different surgeon. Hope everything goes well for you mate. Keep us updated on your progress.

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Congratulations!

Great report on this "new" surgeon, looking forward to seeing before and after photos and seeing how the recovery process compares to those who have gone with K and L

The massaging is the first obvious difference... Sounds like quite a bonus!

Offline Sj

• Posting Member
Thanks guys I shall put up before and after photos in a few weeks or after my 6 week check up. Donut the massaging really helps after they done it you feel better each time. Was going to be going back to work Monday but not a chance booking another week off. Any questions please ask. I'l Keep you updated peeps

Sj

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024