Author Topic: Just Had An Consultation With Dr. Alex Chambers  (Read 9575 times)

Offline Jake7676

• Bronze Member
Hi guys today I had my first ever consultation about my Gynecomastia with Alex Chambers, she said i have both fatty and glandullar tissue and she done a ultra sound scan to see how uch of both do i have and she found out that i have both nearly same amount.

She she she would offer this surgery under local Anasthesia and will give me sedation at some point during the surgery, she said she will do Vaser Lipsouction for fat removal and incision for glandular removal and the cost of this with 3 follow up appointments and compression garment is £4,500.

My questions are that since i will be awake with local anasthesia would this surgery hurt, even though i will be given sedation at some point would this still hurt, would i feel any pain or atleast pain that i can cope with and i am 17 years old 18 soon.

My second question is since i have a Mild Gyno is this price worth it?

Offline thetodd

Im not sure if your the guy who was asking about twilight anesthesia, it might of been. It depends whether you dead set on having that type of treatment.

My advice would be, to leave it. Have a consultation with Karidis and get it done under general, anyone who has had the surgery will tell you that you do not want to be awake for it.

The post op results on her website are not bad, but the top example is pretty poor and if thats what shes showcasing then it wouldn't put much confidence on me. I dont think you are getting ripped off in terms of price, Karidis would be about the same cost maybe a few quid cheaper not much though.

Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
The question of "is it worth the cost" is something only you can answer... Sure, you could buy a decent second-hand car or a very nice motorbike for the same money, but then again the surgery will last the whole of your life and hopefully change it for the better.

For me, I'd pay £45,000 tomorrow if I had the money to do so...

Offline about2change

• Silver Member
I went in for a consultation with her last year. Small clinic in central London. I didn't go with her for two reasons.. a) price, she also quoted me around £4500 which I thought was excessive as arguably the two best in the uk (karidis & levick) charge less.. b) I asked her what was the policy on revision surgery should her work not be up to scratch, to which she shrugged her shoulders and refused to admit that she's ever needed to do a revision.

I don't mean to put any surgeon down.. She may be a fantastic surgeon for all we know but those are the reasons I decided not to have surgery with her.

You won't feel any plan.. My cousin had a nose job under local. Lol I know it really sounds barbaric
 Good luck

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member
I agree with thetodd, the first example of gynecomastia correction on her website isn't exaclty what you'd call a good result.

Is it worth the price? If it bothers you then most definitely. If you don't go through with surgery you'll spend the rest of your days ungappy about your chest and full of regret that you didn't get it seen to.

You do however have the option of paying less for the leading gynecomastia surgeons in the country (Levick or Karidis) and the added bonus of having the surgery under general anaesthetic. There's no way I'd fancy being awake during it.

Offline Era

• Silver Member
Yuk the thought of surgery while being awake is disgusting, yeh you can feel pain but you will know what they are doing to you and like feel it if you know what i mean. Just the fact she charges more than there 2 best in the country would be enough to turn me away. Its like paying more for a nokia than for an iphone haha

Offline improving

• Silver Member
I've read accounts of people having it done under twilight, and doesn't seem too bad. I think you just stick your ipod on in your ears and from what i read i don't think you feel pain, just tugging sensation?

For 4.5k i'd be going to Karadis or Levick for sure. I'm sure there are other competent surgeons out there who can get a good result, but there are too many great results from them on this forum to ignore.

Offline Jake7676

• Bronze Member
Guys nearly all of you are saying Levick or Karidis will offer cheaper price with General Anasthesia as well, but you need to know the fact that i have Mild Gynecomastia kind of big tbh in my opinion. I have seen people here on this forum paying for £4.500 for a minor gynecomastia procedure under General Anasthesia, that is pointless if i go to Karidis he definetly will charge me more than those guys because i have larger gynecomastia than those guys, and the fact is General Anasthesia has unbelivable risks and it is not neccessary to have the surgery under General Anasthesia, these risks could be overcome by local and sedation which Alex Chambers offers me.

Offline Jake7676

• Bronze Member
Yuk the thought of surgery while being awake is disgusting, yeh you can feel pain but you will know what they are doing to you and like feel it if you know what i mean. Just the fact she charges more than there 2 best in the country would be enough to turn me away. Its like paying more for a nokia than for an iphone haha
What makes you think she charges more when i've seen Karidis charging minor procedures that can be done under LOCAL ANASTHESIA (ONLY) for £4.500 and i have Mild Gynecomastia you can see my picture under the "Fat and Gynecomastia" section.

Theres no way of Karidis quoting me less than £4.500 for this level of gynecoamstia when i've seen patients that has payed £4.500 for such minor gynecomastia.

Regards

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
The risks of a GA are hardly unbelievable. GA is used 1000's of times a day. Modern day surgery carried out by the right people in the right way is very safe. Unless you are massively overweight. If you have a personal dislike of it then you can ask for a light sedation. You won't feel pain you'll just be aware and feeling the odd pull/move.

Without seeing pictures its not easy to say. We normally think are own is worse then other people think so a description doesn't help too much. You need to ask yourself if you are happy with the success rate of whoever you choose. No surgeon will get 100% bang on but if you put yourself in the hands of a surgeon with a big success rate then what more can you do. For that reason people will obviously point to karidis and Levick because of all the success that's been shown on here. The stories on here happen live and are not hand picked after the final results are in by the surgeon themselves as is the case on their websites.

The worse case I've seen documented on here is stem and I don't think he paid more than 4.5k with Levick (tho I may be wrong). Either way I would enquire. If you wish to sort this for the rest of your life a few hundred quid shouldn't be the deciding factor (though I understand it should be considered). You might be surprised and get a quote of less then you think. If you don't ask you won't know.

Is it worth the money in the end? Yes, it's a big confidence boost. Either way good luck

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Guys nearly all of you are saying Levick or Karidis will offer cheaper price with General Anasthesia as well, but you need to know the fact that i have Mild Gynecomastia kind of big tbh in my opinion. I have seen people here on this forum paying for £4.500 for a minor gynecomastia procedure under General Anasthesia, that is pointless if i go to Karidis he definetly will charge me more than those guys because i have larger gynecomastia than those guys, and the fact is General Anasthesia has unbelivable risks and it is not neccessary to have the surgery under General Anasthesia, these risks could be overcome by local and sedation which Alex Chambers offers me.

I personally think you're worrying too much about general anesthetic. There are risks with all surgery, twilight or general. I would have thought GA carries risk if you're really obese, or old, or have underlying problems.

At the end of the day, it's a lot of money, and you should pick a surgeon you are comfortable with. If Alex Chambers ticks all your boxes and you're happy with her then go for it mate.

Puffy nipples, or massive breasts, there is usually one set fee. You won't get it done any cheaper because you have mild gynecomastia. Levick is around £3900 and Karadis £4200~.

My advice to you is look through all the posts in the UK section, scroll through the last few pages. I'll simply say this, Mr Karadis and Levick are extremely popular on this board for very good reason.

Best of luck with your choice mate.

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
Your case doesn't look that bad, though as I said you probably feels its worse then it looks. I thought mine was bad until I went to see karidis. I'm 6ft and weighed 10st 7lb at the hospital weigh in on the day of surgery so my chest with a slim build felt massive to me personally.

You should easy get 4.5k or less from karidis, I paid £4200 odd and I see no extra work needed for you to bump the price.

Who cares what can and can't be done under a local. I'd much prefer a GA for that op but that's my preference. If you want a local that's your option.

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
People will always point back to what they know and that's all the logs on here. Alex chambers could be great but as the price is around the price of the 2 mentioned people will naturally point to them with regards to a "safer" option (just known results, not to say she doesn't know gyno surgery).

You have the opinion that matters to your case. Do your research and go with what makes you happy. No point arguing with people over a price that may or may not be right, ask the surgeons themselves if you'd like to know if they are another option financially.

On another point I'd prepare yourself mentally for post op. I've seen you post about your worry of your current look, just be aware that it isn't over when the surgery is completed and that this is something you will need to be patient with over the near future beyond the surgery itself :-)

Offline about2change

• Silver Member
I thought Dr. Karidis had a set price for gynecomastia surgery... Am I right or wrong?

Offline thetodd

Yes, Karidis and Levick fix their prices. Because it stops price fixing which is exactly what Alex Chambers is doing. This is from her site

"The cost of gynecomastia surgery depends on the amount of fat and tissue to be removed.  Prices for the procedure in our clinic start at £2500.  The exact cost is determined during a free consultation with your doctor who will carefully explain what results can be expected from the operation, and ensure that the procedure is appropriate for you"

Id love for her to produce a case that has cost £2500, its never happened! Id be willing to guess that everyone has been quoted £4500 or more. Its a scam to get people in on the promise of cheaper surgery, and i wouldnt be suprised if they offered a way of loaning the cash.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024