Author Topic: BC MSP and Dr. Fielding  (Read 5068 times)

Offline jasonaedwards

Hello all,

Just found this web site, and I am so glad that others are going through similar issues!

After looking over the postings, it seems that Dr. Fielding is one of the best with the puffy nipple problem. It also seems he is the most reasonable in cost at about 1000-2000 for the operation, with excision covered, but lipo not covered.

My question is: will BC MSP cover some of the costs of the initial consultation and surgery if I choose to go with Dr. Fielding in
Ontario? How do I go about doing this?

Thank you for your help!

Jason
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 03:09:59 AM by jasonaedwards »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Hello all,

Just found this web site, and I am so glad that others are going through similar issues!

Welcome Broh....  Yeah, it's good to know that you are not the 'only' one eh.

After looking over the postings, it seems that Dr. Fielding is one of the best with the puffy nipple problem. It also seems he is the most reasonable in cost at about 1000-2000 for the operation, with excision covered, but lipo not covered.

That 1-2 G's is for the Lipo portion of the proceedure

My question is: will BC MSP cover some of the costs of the initial consultation and surgery if I choose to go with Dr. Fielding in Ontario? How do I go about doing this?

Give Dr. Fielding's office a call. His secretary's name is Leslie. Nice woman, very professional.

J. Craig Fielding, M.D., F.R.C.S. (C)
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

2425 Bloor Street West
Suite #401
Toronto, Ontario Canada

Tel: 416.766.8890

Sorry, JCF has no Website nor business email addy....

Regards,

Johh.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 06:41:24 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
Hey Man,

From BC also.  Have had a consult with Fielding a couple of weeks ago.  I was impressed with him.  They look after all the billings, etc.  You pay the same as someone from Ont (~$1800).  They just take your care card number with you for consult and they do the rest...
JCF  Success Story - Surgery Aug 23, 2006

Offline jasonaedwards

Thanks to both of you for responding! Supaaman, how long will it  take before you have your surgery, if you don't mind me asking?

Jason

Offline jasonaedwards

One last question for now... do I need to get a referral from my Doc in BC, or can I call Dr. Fielding's office directly to arrange everything?

Thanks again!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Do I need to get a referral from my Doc in BC, or can I call Dr. Fielding's office directly to arrange everything?

Dude.....  Call Dr. Fielding's office yourself. JCF does not require a referral from your GP. Do not go to your GP. He/She will not be able to do much for you in regards to Gynecomastia.

John.

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
Hey Man,

Haven't got a date yet.  I have to send in some paperwork and they said it's hard to peg a date as they get cancellations, etc.  She thought maybe June.  To further Bambu's remarks... yeah, not necessary for a referral.  They were very good about accommodating me on short notice for the consult (I was in TO on business).  I'm glad I went.  Just have to take the next step and get a surgery date.  Bring a list of all your questions, but he does a quick exam and explains most every question you could think of.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024