Author Topic: Compression tee vs. a Bra  (Read 2321 times)

Offline gotgyne

Comfort comes in two forms, physical and mental. While I think that most of us here would agree that a proper fitting bra is very comfortable,  physically. That's why we most of us here either wear full-time or part-time. However we aren't all mentally comfortable with wearing a bra openly. We are concerned about "is my bra visible through my shirt ", "does this bra give me too much protection ", "uhh ohh!, did I just adjust my bra and did they notice?"

I can tell, from lost of experience that most people don't care or don't even notice. It takes a while to get used to being mentally comfortable with being physically comfortable with wearing your bra. I can say that it is a 1000 times more common for I guy to choose the comfort and support of a bra than it was 30 years ago.

Even at the small mom.and pop boutiques that I shop at , they have dozens of guys who routinely shop for bras for themselves.
This is an old thread, but I've stumbled upon it and like to emphasize Sophie's comment regarding physical and mental comfort! In fact I'm at ease with my breasts while in a bra. And this encompasses both sides of comfort as mentioned.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Hehehe…
Comfort does not equal discreet.
Discreet does not equal comfort.
🤷‍♂️

Offline 42CSurprise!

Hehehe…
🤷‍♂️
From my perspective, being discrete involves a number of things.  First it has to do with the brassiere I choose to wear.  I'm inclined to wear a minimizer that slightly compresses my breasts, rounding the curves.  I have other brassieres that make my breasts more prominent.  Secondly, when I'm out and about I will wear a shirt over either my turtleneck or tee shirt that hides my chest.  I certainly have no intention to flout my rather voluptuous breasts.  I enjoy them quite a bit but I have no expectation that others would find them enticing.  But I am comfortable wearing a brassiere and when I dress properly I'm also discrete.  

Offline blad

I have never tried or considered a compression tee shirt. 

A bra is the only appropriate garment for breasts. 
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Hehehe…
🤷‍♂️
From my perspective, being discrete involves a number of things.  First it has to do with the brassiere I choose to wear.  I'm inclined to wear a minimizer that slightly compresses my breasts, rounding the curves.  I have other brassieres that make my breasts more prominent.  Secondly, when I'm out and about I will wear a shirt over either my turtleneck or tee shirt that hides my chest.  I certainly have no intention to flout my rather voluptuous breasts.  I enjoy them quite a bit but I have no expectation that others would find them enticing.  But I am comfortable wearing a brassiere and when I dress properly I'm also discrete. 
Not being rude here, but I think you made my point. If you have to jump through hoops, no matter how small or, not wear at all to avoid the huggers vs wearing a comfy bra that feels great and a tank tee because the weather calls for it (extreme example). Then I stand by my wry statement. Just a light comment in reference to comprehension tees.

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
Tried them at the outset
A definite no go

Check out the screenshot of Columbia
 Interesting read
Regards, Bob

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024