Author Topic: ** Surgery completed with Dr. Karidis on 23rd June!(Will update regularly)**  (Read 21689 times)

Offline fingerit

• Bronze Member
Re: ** Surgery completed with Dr. Karidis on 23rd June!(Will update regularly)**
Alright guys, its been a while since I've left an update, its been just a little over 6 weeks since my op and it seems like a lifetime ago now. After 2 weeks (a full 14 days) I stopped wearing the vest in the daytime and I'm still continuing to wear the vest at night which I'm totally used to now. Since the 2 week mark I've been massaging with the cocoa butter every day, morning and night.

So far haven't noticed any really obvious signs of scar tissue but I have started to notice a very soft 5p size bit of tissue under my right nipple, now I'm not sure if this is scar tissue or tissue that Dr. Karidis left there to reduce the chance of leaving a crater after the gyne was removed, which I've read sometimes is a technique used. I'm also hoping its not the gyne coming back because that would be seriously bad! I'm passed the 6 week barrier now so I'm supposed to have a post op consultation which I need to sort out so I'll ask him them about it, hopefully he'll reassure me its nothing to worry about.

I'm still slightly bruised though, I'm not sure whether continuing with the arnica would have helped or not but I'm thinking of buying to arnica cream/gel and some tablets too so hopefully that'll disappear soon.

Swelling I have noticed but the massaging and wearing the vest at night helps reduce that really well.

One thing that I'm really happy about is that I'm back in the gym now, I went last week and had a very light chest session and felt great after, no DOMS at all the next day or the day after that but I guess that just because it was a light session. I went again today and I'm absolutely loving it, hardly lost any strength or weight. I even went home in my vest which I never did before, always got changed and I loved the shape of my chest after it was pumped from the session. I'm wearing the compression vest post workout as almost an experiment to see if it helps my muscles recover quicker after a workout...probably wont make a difference but it'll reduce any swelling I guess.

One thing that has been bothering me is the tightness of my chest just below my nipples, probably the first rib under the nipples actually, I cant actually comfortably raise my arm above my head straight without it feeling really tight so I've been doing some pressups to warm up and light stretching to aid this. Have any of you guys had this feeling at all? Just wondered if its normal.

I'll post some pictures up soon, a decent before and after pic front and side.

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
Re: ** Surgery completed with Dr. Karidis on 23rd June!(Will update regularly)**
I think my movement was still a bit limited when I hit the gym around 8 weeks, I remember shoulder press being uncomfortable but a few weeks later everything was good, it was always when lifting my arms above my head it felt tight.

I haven't booked my check up with Karidis yet, with the misses having a kid 4 weeks post op It's just been too manic thinking about going up to London for a quick 10 minute chat, but I need to do it I suppose.
Sounds like you are flying mate, would be great to see some post pics.

Offline fingerit

• Bronze Member
Ah thats reassuring mate, cheers! At least its kind of normal then.

Yeah, I'm sure if you haven't got any worries then it sounds like its the least of your worries at the moment!

Offline thetodd

I think my movement was still a bit limited when I hit the gym around 8 weeks, I remember shoulder press being uncomfortable but a few weeks later everything was good, it was always when lifting my arms above my head it felt tight.

I haven't booked my check up with Karidis yet, with the misses having a kid 4 weeks post op It's just been too manic thinking about going up to London for a quick 10 minute chat, but I need to do it I suppose.
Sounds like you are flying mate, would be great to see some post pics.

First of all, Fingerit great result!!! Looks fantastic i bet your a bit more healed up now

Chopper, im not sure what your situation is now. But i would reccomend going back to see karidis for months i spent my time convicing myself i had scar tissue to the point where i was looking for a revision. I sent a bit of a bitchy email to the team and  he told me to come in and let him have a look. He had a feel and said it wasnt scar tissue it was muscle in my chest (which i had aggrevated massaging) it was just a huge weight off my mind. And ever since then ive seen my chest differently its a very strange thing

that reassurance is well worth it, hes a man of few words but definatley worth the chat in my opinion  if you have any doubts. Glad to hear youve had the baby did ya have a boy or girl?
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline fingerit

• Bronze Member
Hi guys, bit of an over due update here and pictures included! So its now around 3 months since my op and I have to say I couldn't be happier with the results. I'm still massaging each day morning and night apart from when I was on holiday (thought I deserved a break for a week) and I have zero visible scars and I think I can feel just slight scar tissue build up under the nipple. I can feel the incision scars but they aren't visible at all as I said. The massaging is just part of my routine now.

Its crazy, looking back at the pics from before the op I can't believe the difference and I can't believe I put up with it for so long!! So please I did it!!

Anyway, here's a frontal pic:

And both side pics:

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
BOOM!!! Result!!

Really good to see someone else post some updated pics and an update and thats happy with the end result as like you i couldn't be happier. Bet you are enjoying life to the max. I need to get on holiday and get a suntan :)

Offline fingerit

• Bronze Member
Yeah, well happy with the result, looking back I cringe thinking I actually took my top off in front of chicks with that moob, they never said anything but I wonder what they were thinking because it was seriously noticeable, I think sometimes I was kidding myself into thinking it wasn't that bad.

Anyways, its all in the past, however, I have to say, I thought the whole confidence issue would change over night but I think I have deeper confidence issues than just the moob so I haven't had much luck with the ladies recently. I think I just need to give myself a good kick up the arse to get myself back in the game.

I'll say it again though, I am over the moon with what Alex Karidis has done for me! The guy is a legend! (Speaking of which I need to get myself for the follow up consultation at some point!)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024