Author Topic: Excuses....  (Read 4639 times)

Offline helloHELLO

• Silver Member
for those that kept their surgey a secret, what excuses did you tell people durin your recovery time??
cause right after surgery you cant do the same physical activities as before and your coworkers or friends are going to realize.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Just say that you had two 'benign lumps' lumps removed and you need some time to recuperate. It's no word of a lie and when people hear something like that, they'll say "OMG... are you okay?" and they'll leave it at that... Trust me. ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
Yep that the magic answer.

"I had some non cancerous tissue removed" is the one I went with for the people outside my "circle of trust"

Works like a charm.

Offline Gyno 44

• Silver Member
i didnt have to, i just spent a day at a hotel and i wore long shirts soo no 1 could see my vest

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Yep that the magic answer.

"I had some non cancerous tissue removed" is the one I went with for the people outside my "circle of trust"

Works like a charm.

Yeah, when you mention the word 'Cancerous', people don't want to say anything to you about it cuz they don't want to be rude and pry into your 'pirvate' medical issues. However, if they knew that you went to a PS, they'd be all over you with questions... Doesn't make any sense huh? Either way, it's none of their business!

GB

Offline cgeorge1

• Bronze Member
you could say you tore a muscle in your chest.

Offline Gyno 44

• Silver Member
the best thing to say is ......

you broke ur rib(s)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I once worked for a Company that would fire you for telling a lie, any lie.  On the other hand they would respect your privacy. You could say anything that was honest or you could simply indicate that it was personal any you'd rather not talk about it and never get into trouble. If you lied and later got caught even years later, you'd get fired for lying.

Either tell the truth or say nothing.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The best I've heard was was along the lines of "I had a growth removed, fortunately it was benign, Thanks for your concern". It is honest even if it may be misleading. Since it is true, it can never came back to bite you.

I worked in private industry, but for a company where absolute honesty was highly valued. One major plus of the job was that I could absolutely trust my boss to be equally honest with me.
Once a customer called and complained about some services that I had performed. My boss told the customer he would void the bill only if they would promise that they would not contact us for service ever again. He trusted me and would rather lose a customer than offend me. I found out months later by accident and my boss apologized to me for not pulling the information out of the customers file. That file disappeared soon after.

Offline dcvet

• Silver Member
personal medical issues

It's non of their business.

Most people will follow with, "are you ok" , then say yup, and that'll be the end of it.

Offline PhillyPUFF

• Silver Member
I like the benign lump idea very much. I have this very nosy 'friend' that I know will ask me a ton of questions, even after saying that (plus his dad works in an ER)... for the most part I'm just going to blow him off and say I dont want to talk about it, just drop the subject...but, what test would a doc run to learn a lump is benign and need to be removed? Would you get an MRI scan, or an ultrasound or something like that? Any input is appreciated..

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024