Author Topic: list of hormone increase causes  (Read 3531 times)

Offline TeenWithGyneOMG

• Posting Member
okay enough with my complaining xD

my doctor also suggested to stay away from dairy products( milk, cheese ) and hamburgers. this is because many cows are injected with hormones. so to start the list:

milk (if you love milk as much as i do you can try organic milk, but im gonna refrain from that to from now on )
cheese
meat from cows

anything else???

Note: if you want to flame about the uselessness of this topic please dont bother.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 07:39:56 PM by TeenWithGyneOMG »

Offline Carn

• Posting Member
Kinda offtopic, but this Cow hormore reminded me of this documentry I saw awhile ago, The Corporation.

It dealt with ex-fox reporters who were investigating this new cow hormone and that it actually ended up to cause cancer. But what happened was this company who created the cow hormone was a BIG contributer to FOX providing advertisements on their channels. FOX had to deal with either losing money from this company who marketed alot of other products, or go through with the report on the cancer causing cow hormone. The FDA didn't do anything about it because they would look like jackasses who let this product "slide". Anyways, FOX ended up trying to bribe the reporters to not talk to anyone about thier investigation, not to take it to another network, NOTHING! The company who made the cow hormones ended up working with the reporters and ended up making the original filled with a bunch of false information. I'll give you an example... Instead of saying the cow hormone can lead to cancer in humans, they could say "It led to risk with human health" or something like that.

The reporters got fired by the time their cotract expired and trying to sue FOX. But what happened was that there is no law for falisying the news. FOX ended up winning.

Scary shit eh?

EDIT: The whole movie isn't just about that one thing, it deals with many more situations like it.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 11:13:59 PM by eim9 »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
My doctor also suggested to stay away from dairy products ( milk, cheese ). This is because many cows are injected with hormones.

Hmmmm....  I use to eat alot of cheese when I was a kid.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
There has been a lot of speculation that hormones in food will cause gynecomastia. There is no research that I am aware of to back it up. I think that if you have a really sensitive system to the hormone balance in your body, then it would not take alot to push you over. For most it would take a lot, probably more than you could eat.

Personally, I am allergic to dairy and have not eaten any dairy in about 15 years. It help to keep off the weight and I am certainly healthier by I have not seen any difference in my gynecomastia.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Wow... NO CHEESE or HAVE MOOBS...  Now THAT'S a tough decision for me.  :-/
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 06:27:06 AM by Mr_Nip »
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
if you're going to go this route you'd probably want to stay away from all food that is processed or packed in plastic containers... xenoestrogens from the plastics can get into the food. same thing with shampoos, lotions, cremes, etc. studies have found that certain scents can increase estrogen in men...

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I used to raise dairy goats and I was advised to stay clear of feeds meant for fattening cattle as they sometimes contained Estrogens which would suppress lactation.  A good Dairy ration would be Estrogen free.

Likewise, a daughter who is nursing was advised to use something other than birth control pills because the raise in her Estrogen would hamper her ability to breast feed her baby.

So you should be able to have your dairy products without worry.

If you eat large quantities of raw meat, you might be able to consume a measureable amount of estrogen in the process. But cooking changes things and I doubt you could eat enough meat to get into a problem with estrogen anyhow.

The best advice would still seem to be to eat a variety of foods and to eat a balanced diet.

We have sufficient to worry about without this.
Grandpa Dan

Offline yme

• Posting Member

Hi guys. Just wanted to add a few things that are related and have been on my mind. Fact that young girls are having there menstrual cycles at a younger age then 20 years ago. Also I heard a report the other day about fish in the Chesapeake bay. Male fish are turning up with ovaries! Here's the like for that study by the University of Maryland. its a very short report.

http://www.umbi.umd.edu/nande/news/archive/02/080102_genes.html

Please note that I'm not suggesting that this is a cause for  gyne. But I do believe that chemicals that are put in to the enviroment and the foods we consume are haveing a direct effect on human and animal developement

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
well, i know a lot of people who drink milk like crazy and eat hamburgers and a lot of other junk and they don't have moobs. i don't think there's any correlation.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
there are guys who smoke cigarettes and don't get lung cancer too, but that doesn't mean there isn't a strong connection.  it's just chance and sometimes it misses, but i think it definitely weights the dice against you.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Hypo-is-here

I think if people are truly interested in investigating the cause of their gynecomastia that they should seek to rule out all possible strongly and weakly proven associated causes with the help of an endocrinologist first and foremost before speculating on possible unproven causes or links.

It continues to amaze me how people still go on to speculate as to all these possible unproven links to food, water, milk etc before they even consider ruling out things that are far more obvious, likely and proven.

If you can't find your wallet, your first assumption would not be that a ghost has moved it or that a burglar has taken it.....you would think where have I misplaced it- why?

Because it is a more likely cause.   So why would this be any different? Rhetorical.

It isn't any different- you check out the most likely causes first and foremost, then if you rule them all out you consider things less proven/obviously associated/further afield.......at least you do if you have any sense whatsoever.

Offline littes

• Posting Member
I have read something on this... they call them "foods similar to extrogen":
milk, cheese, cow meat, chicken breast...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024