Author Topic: lipo vs. excision? [important!]  (Read 2623 times)

Offline mothamercy

• Posting Member
hey everyone!

after months of bugging my parents to help me go through with the surgery, and coming on these boards and seeing everyone telling stories of surgery, i finally convinced my mom to take the first step!!

howver, the plastic surgeon says he will only do lipo....what does that mean as opposed to excision?

and i have a consultation july 24th...do any of you guys have an idea how long it will take after that to actually have a date set for surgery?  ok, thanks everyone

you guys have helped me alot through this just by coming on here day in and day out...

Offline Spleen

I think it's best to work with a surgeon who's prepared to do both.  

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
howver, the plastic surgeon says he will only do lipo....what does that mean as opposed to excision?

The method that your surgeon uses should be in accordance with your particular case of gyne. If you have gland underneath the areola then it is 99% likely that you will be unsatisfied with a "lipo-only" approach. I'd shop around for another doc... or at least a 2nd and 3rd opinion.

and i have a consultation july 24th...do any of you guys have an idea how long it will take after that to actually have a date set for surgery?

Nobody here can possibly know your surgeon's schedule. It will determine on his schedule and your ability to pay on time.

you guys have helped me alot through this just by coming on here day in and day out...

It sure does get you in "action mode," doesn't it!  ;)

Offline rcbrown23

If there is ANY tough or hard tissue under your nips, then lipo only WILL NOT GET IT.

I speak from experience...and now I've had to wait an entire year before getting it done right (2 days to go), and wasted lots of $$.

Man I wish I would have found this site one week prior to my operation, instead of one week after. My life would be different now. :-/

Finding the right doctor is very important. Aks how many of these procedures he's done. Ask to see pictures of his previous patients. Ask anything else that comes to mind.

Show your mother these threads if she doesn't respond to your pleading. It will save money and lots of stress in the long run.

-Brown

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024