Author Topic: New kid here w/pics  (Read 6476 times)

splat

« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 10:13:47 AM by splat »

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Boy that does sound like a steep price.  I don't think I've ever heard of that combination of methods.  I had my nipple relocated (or grafted), the breast tissue cut out and it cost me 3840 bucks.  I didn't have as bad of a case, so it's hard to say.  I would be inclined to get a second opinion from another plastic surgeon.  Sounds like the biggest part of your bill that suprised me was anesthesia and hospital stay. My bill was $2100 physcian fee, $1100 surgery center fee, $640 anesthesia.  Also I went in for the surgery at 1:00 and was back home at 5:00 four hours later.  I didn't need a hospital stay.  Anyone else have to stay at the hospital?

Offline ddaavviiddd

• Silver Member
Listen to me,  your condition is very severe.  your quote is cheap, the doctor has to do alot of work.  My advice to you is go to a doctor who does alot  of these   Bermant or delgado,  .  Don't be cheap with your body  and don't let an experienced PS to the operation
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 08:31:41 AM by cleanup »

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Yes, yours is one of the more severe cases I've seen on here.  I think you may be getting a good price considering the amount of work the surgeon will be doing on you.  The only thing I didn't see you list in your description is "excision".  That may be included and not mentioned, but you need to be sure the surgeon is willing to do gland excision if necessary and not only lipo.  Keep us posted.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline flex1appeal

I have to agree that due to the nature of the beast, that price sounds very reasonable. I think you won't regret getting this done.

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
Splat, good news man.  Did you read the mother's story on the homepage of gynecomastia.org?

This woman's son had a bad case like yours and she submitted a request for a waiver to the insurance company.  If you send them pictures, make some phone calls, tell them how much it's ruining your social life, you might be able to get the insurance company to pay for that.

There are minor cases man, but yours is definitely a major case...and no insurance company will want you to suffer if they have a heart.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 06:34:13 PM by Wayne1985 »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
No insurance company will want you to suffer if they have a heart.

'Have a heart' is not in the Insurance industry's vocabulary dude....  The Ins industry doesn't give a crap about you or I. They are a business trying to 'make' money not 'hand' it out. They have a set guideline in which they follow for payment on claims. For most, the guideline on Gynecomastia is
'No can do'.... Unfortunately!    :-\

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Yes, yours is one of the more severe cases I've seen on here.

There was another member 'changemylife' who was as severe. Haven't heard from him in quite a while though.

I think you may be getting a good price considering the amount of work the surgeon will be doing on you.

Yeah, I agree Nip. Looks like a full Mastectomy. I wonder what the chances of the relocated areola/nipple not 'taking' are. Good question for the PS. ;)

GB
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 12:13:34 AM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Like I said, I had a nipple graft, and the doctor said that it is very unlikely that the nipple would not take.  Still the possiblity frightens me.  I am scared about it, but I keep telling myself that I made the right choice, and only time will tell.  I'm trying to think positively.  I'll let you guys know how it works out  :-\

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Like I said, I had a nipple graft, and the doctor said that it is very unlikely that the nipple would not take.

Considering the alternative, it's worth the risk...  ;)

GB

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Like I said, I had a nipple graft, and the doctor said that it is very unlikely that the nipple would not take.

Considering the alternative, it's worth the risk...  ;)

GB

Absolutely right, GB.  If it were me I would not have to think twice about it.  Even if it doesn't "take", then there are probably reconstructive measures available.  Heck, I would rather tattoo my nips back on than to still have the ones I got rid of!  ;D

splat

« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 10:16:13 AM by splat »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

"The doctor is Dr. Harper, here's his bio if you're curious:" http://www.tlhplasticsurgery.com/tallahassee_plastic_surgeons.htm

Dr. Harper's credentials look good.

"I have to say I finally have hope for the first time ever.  I'm 24 years old, and I feel like I've missed out on my childhood, as well as the entire social aspect that should have come with college.  Lets just say I will have a lot of catching up to do."

Yes, there is a 'light' at the end of the tunnel dude. You'll feel so much better once you've had surgery. Keep in mind that you have to have 'Realistic Expectations' of surgery results. Aim for an 'improvement' not 'perfection'. Do not 'expect' your post-op chest to be that of a chest that looks as if it never had Gynecomastia to begin with.... ;)

GB
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 10:28:29 AM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Hey, Splat, I'm at the same point in my life you are.  23 years old, just had it done.  Wish I would have said something years ago.  I can't wait for summer.  Even though this summer I can't really have my shirt off (need six months before sun exposure) at least I can wear a t-shirt or wow, even a tank top!  I've never worn a tank top.  Isn't that ironic that someone could look forward to something as simple as that?  Wow.   Good luck splat!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

At least I can wear a t-shirt or wow, even a tank top!  I've never worn a tank top.  Isn't that ironic that someone could look forward to something as simple as that? 

Yeah, the things that others take for granted huh!

It's awesome to be able to wear a tank. I'll tell ya though, it's even more awesome to be able to feel the sun on your chest.  ;)

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024