Author Topic: surgery complete!  (Read 9913 times)

Offline D24

• Bronze Member
I went to the gym to do more cardio today & wore a T-shirt for the first time it felt really good. Up untill now i've always trained in a baggy hoodie, just can't wait till i can go back to normal training now.

Offline wannabemassive

• Bronze Member
D24

Remember to use the leg extension machine and leg press. Time to build up those legs while you have the time.

Wannabemassive

TRAIN HARD LIVE LONG

Offline D24

• Bronze Member
D24

Remember to use the leg extension machine and leg press. Time to build up those legs while you have the time.

Wannabemassive
TRAIN HARD LIVE LONG
yeah i will be, i'm thinking of asking my surgeon if i'm ok to do squats as well. I'll have to check first as he said no weights at all for another couple of weeks.

Offline D24

• Bronze Member
Saw my surgeon today and he aspirated the left side as it felt like fluid was still there, he said he didn't want to perform to many aspirations as it carries a riskof in fection. He said I'm fine to return to normal training at the gym but to ease back into it over a week or two. Also he doesn't need to see me for another six weeks. Finally he said to massage around both incisions for a few minutes morning and night and to change massage directions to confuse the scar tissue.

Offline D24

• Bronze Member
Another update: Returned to normal training today (bodybuilding) and did my back consisting of pull downs, cable rows and deadlifts at around 50% of the weight i usually lift and fingers crossed all feels good. While doing pull downs i thought i'd feel a pulling sensation around my chest but didn't so i'm happy. Just purchased some bio oil for the scars and to lubricate the massage so ill start that when it arrives in the post. So fingers crossed all will be well, i still have a bit of fluid/swelling i can feel but my surgeon said it would subside.

Offline wannabemassive

• Bronze Member
Try and do machine exercises and not too many freeweights.

Yeah i had a pulling sensation when performing pull downs and pull ups, and i still have a slight tightness there.

Did 20kg dumb bell behind the head tricep extensions and could really feel the pull on the chest and nipple area.

Wannabemassive

TRAIN HARD LIVE LONG

Offline D24

• Bronze Member
Try and do machine exercises and not too many freeweights.

Yeah i had a pulling sensation when performing pull downs and pull ups, and i still have a slight tightness there.

Did 20kg dumb bell behind the head tricep extensions and could really feel the pull on the chest and nipple area.

Wannabemassive

TRAIN HARD LIVE LONG

I'm kind of anti machines in the gym apart from cables and the machine for hamstrings as i feel freeweights work better. Also after a rotator cuff injury i stay well clear of machines as they want you to move in a set pattern, i find any machine for upperbody causes me problems with my shoulder. Freeweights work best for me. I trained my chest directly today with no pain or wierd feelings, again at around 50% of my normal maximum weight.

Offline D24

• Bronze Member
Update:

Had some serous fluid leaking from 2 tiny areas on my left side incision so today saw my surgeon. He said although he thougt the seromas i have on both sides had stoped the last time he aspirated them it looks like they have not. He's booked me in for an ultrasound tomorrow to see exactly where the seromas are and will aspirate them again and wants to see me on Monday to see how it's gone over the weekend. In a way i'm glad i still have serous fluid there as my left areola has puffed back out and i was starting to get dissapointed about it, hopefully once the fluid is gone i'll be flat again.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024