Author Topic: Puffy Nipples after surgery  (Read 4675 times)

Offline OnlyMe

• Posting Member
Hi

Had surgery 1 month ago, and my nipples are still puffy, My right is puffy but not much at all so i can live with that, but my left is better than it was before my operation but is still not what i would like.

Also when i lift my arms up my nipples become normal. So am starting to think it might just be swelling.

Could anyone help?

My PS did say before my operation that there is more gland  in the left than the right, so am assuming the left will take more time to heal.

Am seeing him next week to get these questions answered, but i wouldnt mind your opinion.

Offline LFC

• Posting Member
Who was your surgeon?

Lipo & excision or lipo only?

Offline OnlyMe

• Posting Member
Had lipo and excison

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Same here Bro. You can only correct puffy nipples so much. If you had excision and lipo, then you might have to live with a little bit of puffy areola. Id rather have puffy areola than breasts.

DrBermant

Hi

Had surgery 1 month ago, and my nipples are still puffy, My right is puffy but not much at all so i can live with that, but my left is better than it was before my operation but is still not what i would like.

Also when i lift my arms up my nipples become normal. So am starting to think it might just be swelling.

Could anyone help?

My PS did say before my operation that there is more gland  in the left than the right, so am assuming the left will take more time to heal.

Am seeing him next week to get these questions answered, but i wouldnt mind your opinion.

1 month after surgery is very early with some techniques.

Posting standardized after male chest surgery photographs is a good way of helping others understand your concerns.  You will note that my standard views include those that will not look good if there is a problem.  Flexing tissues tends to show residual tissue and adhesions.  That is why they are part of this standard set, so you can evaluate both the original problem and what surgery accomplished.

How tissues evolve after surgery depends on the original problem, what was done, skill of your surgeon, after care, how you heal, and other factors.

Tissues do change over time.  Swelling does evolve over time. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline outertrial

I think its normal Mine were flat as a board til about 3 weeks post op then they popped right out. Then one went down. Then up again. Then down most of the way. Then the other really puffed up and stayed like it so long I almost gave up hope. Now suddenly its going down fast. Im about 6 weeks in now,  so in your case its early doors to be worrying yet.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024