Author Topic: Surgery in 10 days... kind of scared!  (Read 2397 times)

Offline Cant_Believe_It

• Posting Member
It's hard for me to totally trust any human being, especially one that is cutting me up and sculpting my body with results that will change my body for the rest of my life.

My surgery will be pretty drastic, due to me having a rather severe case. It will be a total mastectomy, lipo, excision, and free nipple graft. There are many ways to screw up the looks of a procedure like that.

I trust my surgeon, because she has good reviews, and has been practicing since the 70s... But on the other hand, nobody has consented to release before and after pics of their gynecomastia surgery from her. I know that's not her fault. I feel that I should tell her I will consent to pictures, if it will inspire her to put extra effort into making everything look perfect.

On the other hand, I am really excited. My insurance will pay for the whole procedure, and I will be taking 2-3 weeks off work, while still making 80% of my wages :D. It will be nice to have a break from work for a few weeks.

I don't know why I'm sharing this with you guys, I'm just really anxious. I want to trust my surgeon fully but its just hard. I wish I could talk to her about some of my concerns, but shes on vacation until the 28th, and my surgery is on the 30th. :(

I guess there's nothing to do but wait. Too late to back out now.

I will let you guys know how it goes.

Offline opus_dei

• Posting Member
I was petrified too prior to the surgery, but mostly from a mortality perspective. General anaesthesia scares me and not waking up was my concern.

As far as the results are concerned, I had lived with this condition and telling lies all my life to hide it. So, despite my trust in the surgeon and the fact that noone can guarantee a 100% result, I found solace in the fact that how much worse can my chest appear? As long as the surgeon removed all the gland and my boobs disappear, I can still live with issues such as concavity, unsymmetrical chests etc. A simpler lie such as - I underwent surgery to remove a tumour conceal the truth to those who ask than them asking you why you have boobs...

Offline Cant_Believe_It

• Posting Member
Exactly. I feel the exact same way. I just want my boobs GONE.

Even with no nipples at all, I would be happier LOL. I want to at least look good in a t-shirt.

I am over weight because I felt it was better to be fat with boobs than skinny. After surgery I'm hiring a personal trainer and gonna get into shape...

And personally I'm not scared of dying... If I don't wake up, atleast it would be an easy way to go LOL. I almost bled to death from some botched underground surgery when I was younger. Not worried about that with a plastic surgeon haha.

Offline corvette09

• Bronze Member
Don't worry brother. Right before you go under your anesthesiologist will give you something to "take the edge off." I was in happyland for a few minutes before going under. Good luck..

Offline opus_dei

• Posting Member
Yeah me too. All the fear was a waste. As soon as I lay down on the Operating table, it was a done deal. I don't remember a thing after, till I woke up and everything was was done!

The nurse asked me if I felt any pain, I said a bit and she gave me a hit of morphine. She asked me again, and I said just a but. Another hit of morphine, and I felt like Michael Jackson!

No need to fear anything bro. Although, if you surgeon is half decent, you are good to be gyne free. Worst case you will have smaller boobs........ there is no downside.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024