Author Topic: Clothes that fit  (Read 2263 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Why I have to buy the next size up. Flannel does help but this summer? ::)

Offline Lbrown

• Posting Member
I'm in the same boat. I now buy XL shirts and have accepted that pullover knit shirts are no longer my friends. 

Offline Busty

That top nicely shows your assets 

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Thank you Busty! While it’s not a “top” per se, it’s a hoodie I’ve had for several years, it no longer is one of my go to’s. I’m finding it harder to obscure my breasts while wearing comfortable support. Heck, at this point it’s probably not possible.::)

Offline Busty

Definitely at this point no hiding no matter what you do 

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
I've noticed more changes than just breast development (which has been fairly 'stable' for the last several years) - among them are some pretty drastic changes to my legs.  My gyno is fairly obvious (see pic in dark shirt), but no one (= 0 people) has seemed to notice / pay attention, much less comment.  Which has led me to be more 'accepting' of how I now appear.  Also, my experience with MDs, RNs and pharmacists - all of whom have 'seen' my developed breasts - has been perfectly comfortable (they've 'seen it all' with other patients anyway!).  As many here have discovered and posted, the biggest problem is usually in our own minds.
I am obviously male, and 'present' as a man, and have encountered no (= 0) negativity about my obviously developed breasts.  One friend light-heartedly commented on my legs (last summer) when I was in shorts on a hot day, but NOT about my more obvious boobs!
So...my clothing 'fit' has changed - I now go more for comfort, which means items more from the women's sections.

Offline Busty

Moobzie, have you tried women’s jeans?

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
I recently had knee replacement surgery.  As part of recovery, I was prescribed thigh-high TED hose to reduce swelling and prevent blood clots.  After about 3 weeks, they weren't staying up and bunching which caused construction and the leg to swell in other areas.  I purchased ladies leggings that were 80% nylon and 20% spandex.  They do a much better job of keeping the swelling down and are much more comfortable.  I got two pairs so these are what I wear all the time around the house.  When out grocery shopping, I just pull a pair of pants over them.  My oldest daughter has dropped by, unannounced, and hasn't said anything.  While I'm on shopping, I can't believe that women wear these while shopping and leave nothing to the imagination.  Even around the house, I wear a long sweatshirt that goes below my bottom or a pair of track shorts.

Offline carfreak

• Posting Member
I've noticed more changes than just breast development (which has been fairly 'stable' for the last several years) - among them are some pretty drastic changes to my legs.  My gyno is fairly obvious (see pic in dark shirt), but no one (= 0 people) has seemed to notice / pay attention, much less comment.  Which has led me to be more 'accepting' of how I now appear.  Also, my experience with MDs, RNs and pharmacists - all of whom have 'seen' my developed breasts - has been perfectly comfortable (they've 'seen it all' with other patients anyway!).  As many here have discovered and posted, the biggest problem is usually in our own minds.
I am obviously male, and 'present' as a man, and have encountered no (= 0) negativity about my obviously developed breasts.  One friend light-heartedly commented on my legs (last summer) when I was in shorts on a hot day, but NOT about my more obvious boobs!
So...my clothing 'fit' has changed - I now go more for comfort, which means items more from the women's sections.
May i ask  what has changed about your legs

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
My legs have become way less defined muscularly, softer, and smoother skin.

I have worn size 10-12 jeans - not because of my legs, but because after major surgery my waist-to-hip measurement changed to 30"-32" waist and 40"-41" hip.  Thus, mens' size 32 won't go over my hips, while a mens' size that does will be way to big around my waist.  This occurred before major gynecomastia.

Normal boobs1

I will reinforce the better fit and comfort of womens clothing. 
These days the mens  dept. only gets visited out of desperation. Increasingly I find that if I can't get sorted in the women's aisles the mens aisle doesn't help!! 

Offline taxmapper

Something that I wanted to speak on for a moment. 

Not every male with Gyn. will start to develop hips very much. 

I have some happening along with a somewhat noticeable change in leg shape. 

The aspect of unisex or androgynous clothing IMO only is kind of folly. 

Remember that the Q angle of the femur going into the pelvis is approx. 90 degrees on a male and approx. 120 degrees for a female. 
(for baby). 

This means that women's hips and actual physical shape is different than a typ. male. 
Because of this, men's pants start to look weird on myself and other men in a similar situation. 
Ergo: reg. men's pants look "scrunched" around the waist. 

Women's pants are typically cut to allow the wider hip and shape of a woman, and because it varies wildly on women, spandex is our friend! 

IMO, I like to look at hips ad the hourglass shape of a female and not try to mimic that of a male. 

But that's just me. 

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
i remember those nylon string briefs.  I wore them under my nylon track shorts when running 5 miles a day.  Worked great until I needed to go to the doctor for a knee issue.  He asked me to take off my pants to examine the leg.  We were friends before and he didn't say a thing.  It was just sprain.  The running is why I just had knee replacement surgery.  I loved the endorphins while running.

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
I recently had knee replacement surgery.  As part of recovery, I was prescribed thigh-high TED hose to reduce swelling and prevent blood clots.  After about 3 weeks, they weren't staying up and bunching which caused construction and the leg to swell in other areas.  I purchased ladies leggings that were 80% nylon and 20% spandex.  They do a much better job of keeping the swelling down and are much more comfortable.  I got two pairs so these are what I wear all the time around the house.  When out grocery shopping, I just pull a pair of pants over them.  My oldest daughter has dropped by, unannounced, and hasn't said anything.  While I'm on shopping, I can't believe that women wear these while shopping and leave nothing to the imagination.  Even around the house, I wear a long sweatshirt that goes below my bottom or a pair of track shorts.
I bought a couple pair of leggings about a year ago out of curiosity.  Being in touch with my feminine side  extends into some of my clothing selections as well.  I remember putting them on and it felt right wearing them.   While my wife is not a big fan of seeing me wear them, but I like them.  I’ve worn them out of the house, to the stores and at the mall.  No one has say a word, but I felt a couple of looks.  That hasn’t stopped me for wearing them.  I feel that are more comfortable than wearing a baggy pair of sweatpants.  Honestly, I’m not that big so there’s not much to expose…lol.  I think that women shouldn’t be the only ones to enjoy this comfortable piece of clothing.

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
Why I have to buy the next size up. Flannel does help but this summer? ::)
I understand that.  I have a hoodie that I wear at work that looks the same way.  It doesn’t hide anything and you clearly see well developed breasts under the hoodie.  As the weather warms up and I’ll be wearing a dri fit shirt, I’ll be exposed more.  I’ve given up trying to hide my breasts for the most part.  I’m beginning to wear more women’s tops because they are made to accommodate breasts, which is more comfortable.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024