Author Topic: Couple of questions  (Read 2137 times)

Offline Ensorcell

G'day gents. I'm in a bit of a pickle that I'm sure you can all relate to. I'm a sufferer of gyne, and it causes a lot of problems including but not limited to depression, shyness and an eating disorder.

I was chunky when I was younger, but it wasn't until I became very skinny around the age of late 14, early 15 that I noticed the gyne wasn't going away. At one point I was little over 7stone in weight, but it still remained (I now know dieting will not get rid of it completely...)

The one problem that's really in the way right now is my age. I'm 16. I went to see the doctor the other day and he told me they will not operate on someone my age and that I should go back in a 'couple of years.' That's all good and well to say but clearly this guy has not been a teenage boy with a problem like this! Now, has there been anyone my age who has had the surgery done? Would this doctor I've heard the name of on here so much refuse to see me, or would anyone on the NHS?

My doctor seemed to think that my gyne would just go away, but I don't understand this at all. Why would tissue that isn't fat just go away? Your arms don't get any smaller as you grow up. I'm already at the same height as my dad, I don't think I'm going to grow anymore. Another factor I've heard of is hormones. I always thought I was a bit of a girly looking lad haha, so I'm not too shocked if I have a higher percentage of the girly gene than I should... but I'm worried if I take anything to 'correct' this it might alter my appearance - I'm all for the gyne going but I don't want my face or anything to change...

I've heard people on here saying about pains from the surgery, what actually hurts? Surely you are uncincious or heavely sedated during it, is it just the healing that aches or something?

I think that about covers it... oh, I was considering writing to the aforementioned doctor and asking his opinion on what can be done at my age and if not when I should go back - anyone think this is a good idea or a total no-no?

Sorry for the massive post. Thanks for reading it if you did. :P

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
I seriously doubt any doctor would perform surgery on you.  Basically you are young enough for the gyne to go away on its own, due to still changing hormones at your age.  

The pain is post surgery as its quite an invasive surgery.  I can sympathise with you but basically your going to have to wait it out till your at least 18 i would imagine.  There are guys on this forum that have had the condition a lot longer, i myself got surgery aged 34 so i lived with it a long time.  

Have a read through post in the general forum, there is more indepth discussions regarding hormones and may give you a better understanding why gyne can or cannot go away on its own.
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024