Author Topic: My Symptoms -> Any Advice?  (Read 2201 times)

Offline alex80uk

Hi everyone!

This is my first post here and I was looking for some opinions and advice about my gynecomastia. I am sure I have gynecomastia because when I squeeze my chest there are thick disks (about 3 inches in width) under the nipple and these are occassionally very tender.

I think my gynecomastia started when I unfortunately became overweight around 13-14 years old. I had been to hospital three times in the space of two years, for a circumcision, Tonsillectomy, and appendicitomy. I was pretty much whacked by these operations and unable to exercise. I was wondering whether anyone has heard about gynecomastia being caused by postoperative fatigue, trauma of three consequtive operations, or being overweight during puberty.

Also, I find it a little strange the fact that my gynecomastia has not gone away with age. I am 26 years old now and it is still there. I'm still about 6.5 kilos overweight which of course I want to lose. Does anyone know whether this could mean that my problem is more likely to be an ongoing hormone inbalance? I admit I have always felt like I do not have high enough testosterone levels. The situation gets complicated by gender identity and sexuality confusion - but thats another story altogether.

Also, I sometimes think that my chest (fat tissue I think) swells sometimes like early in the morning and when I'm occasionally hungover :D  Then it shinks back to normal other days.

I only drink very occassionally and not taking any drugs.

Does anyone have any ideas, opinions, facts, advice about what I have wrote here? It would be helpful before I go to the doctor finally to deal with this issue.

Thanks.   
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 05:41:49 AM by alex80uk »

Offline W1NNER

• Posting Member
allo mate, sounds like you need to shift a few kgs and then see how bad it looks?! As the man boobs may just be a direct result of being overweight? If it is genuine Gynecomastia no amount of weight loss will cure it and surgury will be your only option..that is something you will seriously need to consider if gyne is dominating your life and stopping you living life to the max. prob best to go see a doctor or a ps and get a professional opinion once you have lost some weight...

good luck

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024