Author Topic: Symptoms after age 18  (Read 2156 times)

Offline m0toslam

HI,
I am new to this site, but it seems like a friendly and informative place to discuss my issue. :) I am 19 years old and am pretty skinny. I first noticed swelling in my LEFT nipple (only) around december of last year and it has been the same size ever since. My nipple petrudes out a bit and there is noticeably hard tissue underneath. However, I do not have any breast formation. I was hesitant to see a doctor because I thought it was temporary but now I am worried. I dont think its due to puberty because Im already 19, but I can never be too sure. I am pretty confused. I would consider surgery but I live in Canada and dont really know where to get it done. Is there any chance it will go away natuarally?

Offline jojo82

• Silver Member
You need to consult your primary care physician as soon as you can. Since you are likely finished with puberty, it's likely your doctor can fix a hormone imbalance before the swollen tissue turns fibrous.

You also need to consult a doctor because the swelling may be something more dangerous than a hormone imbalance.

Offline m0toslam

I ended up going to a walk in clinic and the doctor didnt really tell me anything i already didnt know.. "its breast tissue, may be because of reaction with estrogen, is permanent unless surgery..."  he seemed pretty unconcerned and only recommended an ultrasound.
So im assuming im going to be plagued with this forever? :(

Offline gynogynoman

• Posting Member
If thats what the doctor says then that's a shame... it seems surgery is the only option. I would probably get second oppinion before accepting it though as he's obviously not the best doctor.

Hopefully he's wrong, but even a bad doctor should know the difference.

Offline m0toslam

Yes a second opinion would be very helpful indeed. He didnt even say it was gynecomastia so im not even sure what my problem is. What is the purpose of the ultrasound? Is it just to distinguish the type of tissue underneath? Thanks in advance for the help :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024