Author Topic: Doctor wants to do liposculpure??  (Read 3779 times)

Offline dasani22

• Posting Member
Just had a consultation today and my doc said because of my age, he was gonna do liposculpture for my gyno.  He said if he did gland excision there would be scars and he didn't want that with my age.  Does anybody know what liposculpture is?   I don't want that pointy look to my chest, so is this the right procedure?  It only costs $2,500 and is done with IV sedation.  Can somebody please tell me if this is what i want. 
here's what i want my chest to look like

here's my chest, you can see in the 1st pic how it's pointy.  It looks like just the gland needs taken out.

I thought all i would need is the gland taken out, or do they still remove some gland with this procedure?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 09:32:19 AM by dasani22 »

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
This really all depends on if it breaks up gland.  You seem pretty lean so excision will do you good because you can see the gland and not much else, but I have no idea what liposculpture is...

Offline dasani22

• Posting Member
This really all depends on if it breaks up gland.  You seem pretty lean so excision will do you good because you can see the gland and not much else, but I have no idea what liposculpture is...

I think the doc said something like, it would break it up a little.  well at some point i' m gonna get to 8-10% bf and don't know if the gland will show.  I'm at 14.2% right now, doctor checked it with this machine thing. Thanks for answering.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Liposculpture can be considered a form of liposuction -- it uses a slightly different machine.

For my two cents, it appears that the puffiness of your areolas would indicate solid gland.  IMO, you would be best served with lipo and excision.  The anticipated scar of the areola, if it is sutured right and heals well, should be virtually un-noticeable in 6+ months.

I never allow fear of a scar to dictate the course of surgery.  Scars fade and at most, are an acceptable trade-off for a better shape.

Elliot Jacobs, MD, FACS
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline dasani22

• Posting Member
Liposculpture can be considered a form of liposuction -- it uses a slightly different machine.

For my two cents, it appears that the puffiness of your areolas would indicate solid gland.  IMO, you would be best served with lipo and excision.  The anticipated scar of the areola, if it is sutured right and heals well, should be virtually un-noticeable in 6+ months.

I never allow fear of a scar to dictate the course of surgery.  Scars fade and at most, are an acceptable trade-off for a better shape.

Elliot Jacobs, MD, FACS
Dr. Elliot Jacobs, around how much would you charge for this procedure if I were to come to you?  I' m just curious because at my consultation my doc didn't even feel my chest at all, he just looked at it from the front.  I think i need a new surgeon that better knows what i want.   thanks

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Would be pleased to provide an estimate from you but would like some additional private medical info first.  Please send me a PM with your email and we can correspond in that manner.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024