Author Topic: T MINUS 1 WEEK 2 days  (Read 1929 times)

Offline NoMoreLayers

So here it goes. I will try not to make this into a psychologist report into my childhood but here goes.

I am 21. I finally have, after five years, withdrawn the appropriate amount of thousands of pounds from my bank account to fund my Gynecomastia surgery.

I have gone through school, university and now my full time job unhappy. It was only about 5 years ago that I figured I suffered from something more than just man boobs. I had lost weight before, yet they never, ever seemed to reduce in size.

I finally went for the plunge last October and dragged myself off to Harley Street in London to see a clinic and the Doctor seeing my felt around a bit and said straight away it was defo a pretty bad case.

Now,since October I have tried to get healthy and lose some pounds before my surgery which is on the 26th January and have lost quite a bit. I just want rid of them now. I want to live. i dont care how much it costs. Too long have I suffered under layers and this compression vests I have which admitedly do make my life easier but still feel like I am kidding people.

Questions

1) I take a week off work and return suddenly more svelte. People talk, it's natural. Anyone got any good things to say? I am quite a good actor it seems so could pull any excuse off!

2) Weight loss - After the surgery hoping all goes well, Will my continuous weight loss only see better improvements? Will the breasts start to stick out again if I do get trim? I dont know what I would do if so.

3) Exercise, after exercising about 5 times a week up until this point what can I do after the surgery? Exercise is a major drive in my weight loss, food isn't a problem. Things I use include rowing machines. Would this impact negatively on my recovery and the end results of the surgery?

4) Pre op preparations. Please anyone I would appreciate and pre op suggestions. I am doing this on my own (as I do everything) and a little advice wouldn't go a miss.

5) I am having the surgery in Belgium to reduce costs, afterall I do have student debt to pay off but was lucky in getting myself a temp job pretty much straight away. I will let you know about the whole experience for others who are thinking of doing similar things.

Thanks for any information, I am aware that these questions may have been asked before but as the date is getting closer I thought I might aswell start a topic here seen as i have read the site hidden away for too long.

Thankyou!

Offline tapingthemdown

• Posting Member
1). Here's a good excuse to give nosy people: Tell them you bruised your ribs (fell down) and the doctor/ER gave you a brace to minimize the swelling. Easiest excuse to keep people from wondering and easiest excuse as to why you cannot lift anything heavy. 

Congratulations & Good Luck with your surgery!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024