Author Topic: Surgery with Dr. Dr. Wilcox in Plano, TX  (Read 2194 times)

Offline gynemex

• Posting Member
hey guys, so I had my surgery yesterday I will try to share my experience!

So I arrived Dr. Dr. Wilcox's clinic yesterday at 9:30 am, the called me in and gave me the gown, the "hat" (whatever thing to put in the head to cover the hair) and some sort of socks to cover my feet, the nurse took my info, she asked when was the last time I ate, when was the lats time i went to the restroom, etc. she gave me a blanket because the clinic was really cold LOL, and I told her that I was feeling a little be light headed and I thought it was because i had took the antibiotics (as recommended by the dr.) with an empty stomach, because i was instructed to not eat anything.

she rapidly asked me to lay down in the bed take a deep breath and she took my blood pressure to make sure i was ok; I was very nervous.

she asked me to relax and told me that the doctor was finishing with another surgery and that I was going to go into the surgery room in about 20 mins. while I was waiting, Dr. Dr. Wilcox went into the room I was in and he noticed I was nervous, he was very comprehensive and calmed me down, he also marked my chest and left me in the room alone. after he left, the nurse that was going to be in the surgery room with Dr. Dr. Wilcox, went into the room and introduced herself, she told me that it was about to be my tun and asked my T-shirt size in order to know the size of the vest i was to wear after surgery, she measured the vest on me, and told me that the anesthesiologist was going to walk into my room in any minute to put the catheter and get started, she also said: "she is the one with the drugs in this clinic" LoL

the anesthesiologist walked into the room and started looking for a vain in my arm but it took her a while to find it since my vein are not too visible, I told her I was very nervous and didn't want to look, she put an injection to numb my arm so I wouldn't feel the catheter, once she put the catheter I mistakenly look and saw some blood, this is the time when I got really nervous!

We walked into the Surgery room they asked me to lay down in the bed, I WAS FRENETICALLY SHAKING, I COULDN'T HOLD IT, the anesthesiologist told me that she was going to put some medication thru the catheter and that was going to relax me, i don't know what happened 2 seconds after that, I was knocked out.

all of a sudden I woke up in the recovery room, I a nurse was with me, I was still under the effects of the anesthesia, and I talked some non-sense with the nurse; I told her that finally I was going to have a girlfriend, and she said, "nice, I am happy for you, do you like white girls or hispanic girls".... I also asked what time it was continuously like 3 times, I asked her if I could use my phone to call my mother and she handed me my phone, she offered some crackers and some water, the anesthesia started going away and I was feeling more awake, she told me that my ride was about to arrive and I needed to change, she took catheter out of me, and helped me get dressed, I got really dizzy while I was getting dressed and felt like I was going to throw up, she gave me the medication I had in my backpack for nausea, I lied down in the bed and tried to tae deep breaths so the nausea could go away. my friend arrived like 5 minutes after and we went home, i still felt like throwing on our way home but then the medicine started to take effect.

My friend bought me a Turkey sandwich from subway since I was starving.
I felt ok for the rest of the day, just a little sleepy, this morning i felt more pain in my chest, I guess because the anesthesia went away, and my chest is swollen, i put some bags of crashed ice today and changed the bandaids.

the nurse called me today to see how I was doing, she told me to not leave the ice on my chest for more than 20 minutes and i could do intervals of 20 minutes with the ice bags and rest for 1 hour and then put ice again for 20 mins, and so on and so forth...  
She also told me that i was going to be swollen for about 4 more days. and reminded me of my follow up app which is in a week from today.

I am kind of concerned about my swollen chest because my chest kinda looks the same, it looks flat, but still a little bit big, i think I just need to wait till the swollen goes away to see the results.

I think that the whole clinic was very friendly and comprehensive, I really like the way they treated me, I had a really good impression from the Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Center of Texas this far.

Offline gynemex

• Posting Member
I must add that this was a scare-less surgery, he did everything thru a special cannula, I was a bit hesitant about this because I had gland and puffy nipples, I can actually tell that the gland was taken out, it is ver noticeable, my chest looks flat even though its swollen, I only have 2 incisions under each armpit and no drainage tubes at all.

Offline rhyno18

• Bronze Member
This post was actually perfect timing for me as my surgery had been scheduled for 1/27 (today) with Dr. Dr. Wilcox.

It was actually my second time having gyno surgery.  I originaly had a procedure done 15 months ago by another PS and the results were very disappointing.  I got a second opinion from two other PS's six months after the surgery.  One of was Dr. Dr. Wilcox.   As soon as I read about his technique and visited with him, I regretted not going to him first.  He confirmed what I'd feared, there was a significant amount of tissue still left.  

My original PS offered to do a revision at my 12 month follow up.  But at this point I didn't trust him to get quality results.  And I didn't want to go through the same 'half moon' scars and uncomfortable drains again.  While he was going to waive his surgical fee, I would still have to pay the OR fee and anesthesiologist.  I made the easy decision to pay Dr. Dr. Wilcox instead.

My surgery experience was very similar to yours.  I love the fact he has a surgical suite in his office.  My original PS used a local surgical center that seemed overcrowded, disorganized and a bit cut rate.  At Dr. Dr. Wilcox's your pretty much the only patient at your scheduled time. Everybody at Dr. Dr. Wilcox's office was a complete professional and everything was smooth as could be.   When he drew the lines of what he was excising...it was amazing how much he tissue he still needed to get out.

I wasn't as nervous as the first time.  It was all very smooth.  Once the anesthesiologist came in, he gave me a dose that made me feel light headed and a bit groggy.  They took me into the OR, got me on the table, put the oxygen mask on...and next thing I remember was being in the recovery room.

Still a bit foggy, but overall feel good.  A bit sore, but that's to be expected.  Not having drains  is 100 times better.  He also uses a much smaller vest than my original PS. The vest I had first time was bulky.  It had a zipper that went up to the bottom of my neck which made it more conspicuous than I liked.   (even with a crew neck undershirt, I felt like the zipper was visible.)  It also had huge padded velro straps on the shoulders..that made it looks like the old shoulder pads women used to wear. I  This vest has a V-neck and thin material...I could wear it under just about anything and you wouldn't notice it.

Obviously I won't know the results for awhile...but just looking at the vest in the mirror...it looks VERY promising.....
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 05:38:04 PM by rhyno18 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024