Author Topic: Questions about surgery day with Fielding  (Read 10094 times)

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
my eyesight is pretty bad, i don't want to wear contacts cause if they put you to sleep i don't want them to dry out..

if i wear glasses, what happens, you guys said they get you to put all your clothes in a bag and u get it back after..what if i want to keep my glasses on while i'm waiting in my gown for surgery..what happens?

Offline ByeBye

• Posting Member
Funny - I had the same problem.
To tell you the truth, the elapsed time between when you have to seperate yourself from your clothes/glasses and the time when you pass out on the op table is about 5 minutes.

I gave my glasses along with the rest of my clothes, and I appreciated the fact that I did not see most of what is going on during that 5 minutes !

Then when I woke up, the nurses brought me my items and away I went.

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
Funny - I had the same problem.
To tell you the truth, the elapsed time between when you have to seperate yourself from your clothes/glasses and the time when you pass out on the op table is about 5 minutes.

I gave my glasses along with the rest of my clothes, and I appreciated the fact that I did not see most of what is going on during that 5 minutes !

Then when I woke up, the nurses brought me my items and away I went.

they ask you be there 2.5 hours before surgery right?

so i guess you don't surrender your clothes until 5 minutes before the surgery?

Offline ByeBye

• Posting Member
they make you hold on to your bag until you are called...
when is your surgery ?

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
they make you hold on to your bag until you are called...
when is your surgery ?

this month, gettin nervous

Offline ByeBye

• Posting Member
Man, do yourself a favor and trust me: don't get nervous, get excited - the whole thing is relatively painless and you have nothing to be worried about.

I just can't wait to take these foam pads off !!! whooo whooo !

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
how big are these foam pads? when can u take them off?

is it easy to hide the foam pads so nobody knows you have them on? is the bandage wrapped around it?

Offline ByeBye

• Posting Member
Well these foam pads are about 5 inches in diameter (i imagine they will vary in size depending on the intervention/case) but I actually took them off today because they were kinda starting to come off by themselves and I had little pockets of water forming just around them. nothing serious obviously.

I finally got a chance to look at the outcome... I am more than happy !!! It has only been 4 days post-op and I like the result... I imagine things might swell up a bit but it's all good.

Yes the pads are underneath the tension wraps...

What is the date of your operation ? Would you consider yourself a mild, medium or advanced case ?

Offline Seattle000

• Bronze Member
Ask if you can wear contacts. I wear contacts and on the day of surgery (with a different surgeon) I came wearing glasses. I was told that it was unnecessary and because the surgery is so quick it was ok to wear contacts.

Offline ByeBye

• Posting Member
Weeell. I think this one is kinda borderline. The operation is very quick and the total duration is not long enough for the contacts to become a pain -BUT!- if your eyes are going to be anywhere as dry as your mouth will be after you wake up [not to say that they will be], then you might find it a tad annoying :) either way, this whole issues is not something to worry about !

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
Would you consider yourself a mild, medium or advanced case ?

i am medium, gland and fat, i have a lot of gland tho...and you were?

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
when you are waiting in your gown, if anyone came to the hospital do they wait with you?

when you check in, do they announce to anyone within earshot that you have gynecomastia?

Offline hope1

• Posting Member
I was about the same I guess. Lots of gland.

No everyting is quite secretive. Even more than I expected honestly.

Offline hope1

• Posting Member
come to think of it, I did not hear the word Gynecomastia even once during my 2 days at the hospital.

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
cool...secrecy is good...
any idea about my other question? if someone comes with you, do they wait with you?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024