Author Topic: Anti Estrogenic Diet  (Read 7916 times)

Offline Doolie

• Posting Member
Hey Guys-Am seeing some info out there on the anti-estrogen diet thing.  Anyone familiar with this and anyone tried it with good results.  I have personally suspected for a long time that certain foods etc...may have an effect on hormone levels negative especially for us gyne guys.  I have in the last 10 years or so consumed large amounts of soy products because they are suppose to be healthy alternatives to meats/dairy and other protein sources.  I am a dietician and have seen a lot of these products recommended to patients with cardio disease and such.  Anyway there is increasing evidence that this may be negative although the mainstream med community is slow to warm to this.  I have tried to stay trim but at 40 now I have a lot of weight I am having a really hard time getting rid of.  I'm interested in this diet if anyone has had luck with it.  Any takers?  CJ

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
except for going organic instead of normal commercial food, i'm not sure the effect would be a big one.  i have seen one or two people aim for testosterone levels without knowing that without e blockers it actually can aromatize to estro, but maybe somebody's had different results.  still won't help the advanced case though. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline tunapuff

• Bronze Member
yes.......I've been using the anti estrogenic diet by ori hofmekler.  And it seems to be a pretty good diet for me overall.  I'll give you a basic outline...

The diet is in three phases
phase I- detox
phase II- High Fat
phase III- Reintroduction

This pdf give a general outline of what to eat during the phases.........http://www.defensenutrition.com/documents/aediet-eating-plan-outline.pdf

In General........

Allowed Foods
  • All vegetables and fruits are allowed in all three phases of the diet (except for diabetics, who should avoid fruits).
  • Fish, eggs and organic dairy are allowed in all phases of the diet (except for individuals who are allergic or sensitive to the above).
  • Nuts and seeds are allowed in Phase II and Phase III of the diet.
  • Meat, chicken, pasta and bread are allowed in Phase III of the diet (except for individuals who are reactive to any of the above or diabetic cases who should refrain from eating bread or pasta until reestablishing healthy blood sugar levels).
  • Coffee and caffeinated teas are allowed in all phases of the diet (except for individuals who are hypertensive).
  • Olive oil is allowed in all phases of the diet, as well as grapeseed and sesame seed oils.
  • Small amounts of maple sugar or rice syrup are allowed (except for diabetics).
  • Small amounts of dark chocolate (80% cacao) are allowed in Phase III (except for diabetics).

Foods to Avoid
  • Avoid processed soy products (besides fresh soybeans, edamame or small servings of soy sauce and miso).
  • Avoid estrogen promoting spices and herbs including licorice, anise, soy isoflavones and black cohosh.
  • Avoid estrogen promoting vegetable oils such as canola, corn, safflower, and soy
  • Avoid all sweet baked or fried foods including cookies, cakes, donuts, muffins, scones, candy bars, granola bars and chocolate coated fruits or nuts.
  • Avoid conventional (inorganic) meat and dairy
  • Avoid soft drinks
  • Also, avoid diet shakes and bars with artificial sweeteners, sugar alcohol or chemical additives.

Combinations
  • Vegetables and protein foods combine with everything. This means that all vegetables and all protein foods (i.e. meat, chicken, fish, eggs and dairy) combine with every other food item.
  • Grains (bread, pasta, rice, etc.) can't combine with nuts, fruits or sweets or alcohol.
  • Nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc.) can't combine with grains, fruits or sweets.
  • Fruits can't combine with grains, nuts or alcohol.
  • Sweets can't combine with grains, nuts, fruits or alcohol.
  • Alcohol can't combine with anything except for vegetables and protein.

Offline tunapuff

• Bronze Member
Also as far as estrogen blockers on the diet......it pretty much only suggests using ones such as DIM, Chrysin and then simply eating foods that will naturally help metabolize estrogen such as green veggies and citrus fruits.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024