Author Topic: anti e's...do any work  (Read 3799 times)

Offline steve172

• Posting Member
Hey,

Havent been on this board for a while, just interested to hear if anyone has had success with anti-e's

I have puffy nipples from using propecia (think it came about a couple of years ago when on higher dosage, certainly hasn't gotten worse since dropping dosage).

I have tried Tamoxifen, Arimidex, Cabaser, Yohimburn and AIFM to get rid of it...with little result. Even tried dropping propecia entirely for 6 weeks or so....scared to drop for longer as i will go bald.

gyno / psuedo gyno is fat under nipples (when hot only)...possibly some very small lumps, but not right under nipple, more above nipple on pec.

Has anybody been in a simmilar situation and managed to resolve it?

Any other, better anti-e's?...how boout Letro?

Cheers,

Steve

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
none of the anti-e's will work for you. you are expecting more than they can deliver. save yourself the hope/disappointment of trying "better anti-e's"

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Finasteride, as Proscar can offer benefits for men suffering from from prostate enlargement.

As Propecia, (Same drug, Lower dose) it can stop male pattern balding.

Either way it can cause loss of libido loss of sex junction. or feminization.

Transgendered think of it as a wonder drug, the rest of us hope we don't have a need for it. Many of us would rather be bald than face the side effects of these drugs
Grandpa Dan

Offline steve172

• Posting Member
Thanks for the advive guys.

I have monitored my T/E/P levels for some time while trying different ant-e's and they have never been out of range under any circumstance. I do however always get tested in the afternoon. Does anyone know if this could make a massive difference?

Have just bought some Letro and am going to give it a crack.

Can anyone reccomend a regimine that worked for them? A lot of Body Building sites suggest building up from .25 mg to 2.5 mg a day, remain for a week then taper down (with an AI).

any comments appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
if you T/E/P levels are all normal... what do you really expect letro to do for you?

following the dosing regiment you laid out, the only thing i would expect to come of this is a loss of libido and being unable to get it up. Letro is powerful stuff, and unless you've got E running rampant in your system you're going to do more harm than good.

Offline steve172

• Posting Member
Thanks Moobius,

Was working on the theory that starving tissue of E alltogether for a short time may have some effect.

Have read accounts of body-builders counteracting gyn after a cycle in this way.

You are probably right though.

Pisses me off that although my levels have never been out of whack, puffy nips persist...very minimal gland too. Got some blood work back yesterday...anyone care to comment?

Prolactin 185 mIU/L (0-500)
Oestradiol 136 pmol/L (50-220)
Testo 26.8 nmol/L (12.4-34.1)
SHBG 44 nmol/L (10-50)
DHEAS 12.4 umol/L (2.2-15.2)

Could SHBG be too high?

Steve

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
For proper health, we need a small amount of Estrogen and the girls need a small amount of Testosterone as well.

None of the hormone levels mean a lot by themselves, what is important is how the hormones relate to each other.  These are not solo performances, but complex symphonies. It really would take an Endocrinologist to render a good evaluation of the test results.

The general rule is that there is very little chance of making things any better, but a much greater chance that you can make things a lot worse. Adjusting your hormone levels is not a do-it-yourself job.

Offline steve172

• Posting Member
OK, got my DHT result back (in addition to results above).

is 7.6 on a scale of 1-4 !!!!

Alarming for someone on propecia to lower DHT for hairloss!!

Has anyone ever heard of this rebound effect???

Note I have been on nothing but Propecia (.33mg) for 12 months and never seen abnormal hormone results before.

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
SHBG is probably high due to your high DHT levels...  killing off estrogen all together through heavy Anti-E use won't give you the result your looking for. like i said: it'll kill libido and make you feel overall just run down and weak. guys need estrogen too

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024