Author Topic: Recovery time  (Read 2790 times)

Offline meelosh

• Posting Member
If anybody has had surgery, about how long did it take you to heal where you felt comfortable? I've had the surgery almost three months ago and its better, but still there is hardness and swelling under the nipples. How much longer should I be worried for it to go down?

Offline Favre

• Posting Member
I just had my surgery so I do not know but from what I have read it take up to six months.  DId you ask your surgeon?
Surgery: Nov 4th 2005 by Dr. Silverman (Boston, MA)
http://www.ricksilverman.com/

Offline meelosh

• Posting Member
Im goin to see him in december, he said the "healing ridges" could take a while to subside. I was just curious on how long the average time took to heal was.

DrBermant

If anybody has had surgery, about how long did it take you to heal where you felt comfortable? I've had the surgery almost three months ago and its better, but still there is hardness and swelling under the nipples. How much longer should I be worried for it to go down?

Recovery after surgery depends on the original problem, what was done, skill of your surgeon, after care, how you heal and other factors.  

Comfort after surgery also depends on many factors.  Although I give each of my patients a prescription for strong oral medication, most take mainly just plain Tylenol after my sculpture.

Tissues can take some time to soften and heal after surgery.  This also depends on many factors.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline cybertit

• Posting Member
  • Surg. Aug 05...Got rev. Apr. 06...Still have breasts!
I had lypo with vaser about 2 1/2 months ago and I still have some slight swelling and hardness right under my nipples. Its getting better day by day but its definately going to be probably another 2 months or before it is all gone. My doctor told me before surgery to expect full recovery to take up to six months.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024